Painting Windows To Black Them Out

Vinyl will be applied on the outside of the glass.

actually it would be applied to the inside of the glass. What we do at work is cut the tint one defroster line below the dot matrix and then peel the tint off (usually it is fresh so it comes off in one piece) and trace onto the black vinyl. Lay the vinyl on the cleaned glass. Since you have 5% on there already it will match just fine and you will not notice it at all. Any reputable Tint shop should do this.

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

not trying to step on anybodies feet but I wouldn't spray paint your windows because it's ghetto as hell hard as hell to reverse and when there are so many other alternatives that are reversable (you never no you might decide to trade in your car for something else) doesn't really make sence to me

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

actually it would be applied to the inside of the glass. What we do at work is cut the tint one defroster line below the dot matrix and then peel the tint off (usually it is fresh so it comes off in one piece) and trace onto the black vinyl. Lay the vinyl on the cleaned glass. Since you have 5% on there already it will match just fine and you will not notice it at all. Any reputable Tint shop should do this.

tint is applied inside the glass, vinyl can be applied outside. i dont want to put vinyl inside becuase itll be the same as tint, you will still see the dot matrix all the way around the border of the glass.

see the white line all the way around the side and rear window? the tint looks great (not my MINI) but its the border of dot matrix that i dont like, it doesnt blend with the rest of the surrounding glass.

Posted Image

Posted Image

not trying to step on anybodies feet but I wouldn't spray paint your windows because it's ghetto as hell hard as hell to reverse and when there are so many other alternatives that are reversable (you never no you might decide to trade in your car for something else) doesn't really make sence to me

I dont think I will be Trading Mine in ;)

Posted Image

I understand what it is... I window tint for my job so i understand. If you do the vinyl the dot matrix will not be as noticable. If you want to put the vinyl on the outside of you window then it would cover it completely like you want.

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

ya i dont want to put vinyl on the inside, becuase then if it peels off or something, i have to take my whole wall out to re do it.

paint would just blend in the dots and glass with the whole window, all black

or vinyl the whole outside.

i think im going to try the vinyl first, if that doesnt work, ill just paint it. if need be, when the day comes to take it out (unless i sell with the wall in the car whenever i do sell it) ill just take some paint thinner and a razor blade, im sure itll come off, itll just be messy.

Archived