Painting Windows To Black Them Out

Who has done this?

There's a few reasons I may want to do this on the mini cooper. I know I shouldn't, but hear me out.

1, The rear side windows, and the rear hatch window have those black bumpy dots that a lot of glass has on it (around the edges)

Well I've yet to see a mini cooper with tint on the rear glass where it sticks to those dots, and it looks like crap, becuase when the tint drys, it leaves a white looking line around the border of the glass. Looks horrible on the side rear windows becuase the front doors are 5 percent, and the rear sides have those dots, and it just looks bad.

Now, the wall will be installed, so I want the rear side and hatch windows blacked out anyways.

My question is (to those who have done this before)

Is there any specific kind of paint I should use that won't chip/crack in Florida sun, and will match the black tint on my front doors?

I don't have any factory tint on the rear windows, the glass is 100% clear, so if I paint, it has to be perfect.

What you guys think?

You should consider tint.

The black paint will retain heat and can cause your windows to break.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i'd just do some very dark limo tint

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

if you go to a tint guy he prob cuts vinyl also.

I have done black vinyl instead of tint many times before.

It is Blacked out and lays like tint, with no runs or bubbles.

'

It is perfect imo

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

you can lay vinyl over the dot matrix and ive heard of a razor being used to scuff them up so the tint will stick .

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you can lay vinyl over the dot matrix and ive heard of a razor being used to scuff them up so the tint will stick .

My bro layed tint over dot matrix, I have also heard to sand it and paint it flat black

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Do as Ray suggested and use a black vinyl instead. It'll work perfect, its cheap, its much easy to apply, and is removable later on. I have personally done vinyl work on automotive windows with flawless results. The sunroof on my Explorer is blacked out with solid gloss black vinyl. I'm also about to do my bro's new spl project truck with a layer of solid black all around.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Archived