2002 Intrepid Beginner System

lol the seat actually came out in 2 parts. The bottom part was really simple, that was just clips. There were bolts for the seatbelts. As for the back rest part of the seat, we needed a mallet to get it out. It was 3 metal parts that slid vertically into the rear deck. Those didn't want to move, but there were no bolts as far as the seat itself, just for the seatbelts. I will agree that our cars are similar though :)

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

Thanks for the advice :)

Make sure you have good grounds, and the amp ground should be less than 18 inches if possible, the shorter the better. on the ground spot, make sure to sand all the way to the metal, through the grey primer for best connection, for free. Self tapping screws work as long as the connection is tight.

Got that :) I think my ground wire is just over a foot. It goes to the side of the trunk. I think it's about 8ga Rockford Fosgate ground wire, found it in my cousin's tool box and snagged it :P

Perhaps you could cut some of the foam padding under the rear seat and mount the amp there, just an idea, BUT BE CAREFUL! The fuel tank is typically under the rear seats sheet metal, so don't go ramming a drill thru it. maybe three stacked layers of double sided tape to hold the amp down.

I fit a fairly large 4 channel amp under the driver seat in my car, perhaps you can hide the whole amp under the passenger seat or driver seat.

As much as I like this idea, I don't trust my friends/family with the amp under the seat lol, they might jump on it or something :P And yea, rolled up duct-tape is how I used to hold my amp down before I screwed it to this box :)

Nice green wire BTW it looks nice. Tuned in, perhaps you could post a video of how it sounds.

Thanks :D I got it on amazon, I love it :) I can try, I'll have to try it with all my phone's / online devices / cameras and see what picks up bass the best. I tried it with my Galaxy SIII but it sounded terrible. I'd like to though!

The Scosche HDs put out a lot if you amplify them. Any small Rockford amp will make them nice and punchy, I find little RF Primes at the pawnshops all the time, people don't know how to get the most out of them, or think they suck. They just don't know. Even primes put out rated power or more. So if it works, pick it up and wire it up as best you can. My first amp was a RF Prime 500.1, I wish I never sold it, it outperformed the next two amps I bought by a long shot.

I've considered getting an amp for my mids. My friend actually had a Fosgate amp (that was about 100 or so watts I believe) that he got at a flea market for $5, so we told him to get it and try it. It worked occasionally but other times wouldn't put out a sound signal, so it's in a closet now. I'll keep my eye out though just in case!

Thanks for all your help and feedback :)

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Here's a video I took once to try out the phone camera to see how it handles bass. Evidently it could be improved lol :P But at least the picture is good :) I'll try something else soon. The car is in our shed right now with no insurance on it because my brother and I carpool to college and we rotate cars. It's his turn to drive til summer cuz his car is the rusty winter/parking lot queen.

Honestly I think this video was taken before the new box was in, but it still gives you an idea of what the equipment does and how crappy the S3's sound quality is lol. Enjoy, hopefully I can get a more modern video soon...

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

i used to have an 02 intrepid hope you got the 8 cyclinder cuz if you got the 6 you gonna have problems but other than that its not the easiest car to make LOUD

:ehh: Umm... they make an 8 cylinder? lol dang, hope I don't run into too many problems :P I figure it seems quieter than most trunk cars cuz 1. the huge amount of trunk space and 2. everyone that gets into the back seat of my car says "there's room to dance back here," so it's a pretty big car lol :shrug:

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

I know what he is talking about. 2.7L DOHC (Dual overhead cams). We have the internal water pump. which if fails spews water directly into the oil. sludge. and by by engine. a good reason to constantly check your oil

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I know what he is talking about. 2.7L DOHC (Dual overhead cams). We have the internal water pump. which if fails spews water directly into the oil. sludge. and by by engine. a good reason to constantly check your oil

Thats 1 of them and it sucks they did it internally and if you dont know how to fix it it will cost you anywhere from 1500 to 3k and you could fix it and the problem could happen a couple months later

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Thats 1 of them and it sucks they did it internally and if you dont know how to fix it it will cost you anywhere from 1500 to 3k and you could fix it and the problem could happen a couple months later

145k now and haven't had to do it. knocking on wood.

what is the other issue you speak of?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Mine's at 133k I believe, and I'm running synthetic oil. Hope this doesn't happen lol

The only problem I've had with my car so far is that the transmission would go into limp mode. This was a protection feature where the car wouldn't shift passed 2nd gear once it was brought down to there in order to protect the transmission. The culprit for mine was a bad valve in the transmission I think it was. I don't remember. All I know is that it runs like a top now! And I hope it continues to lol

:bananaDance:

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

I feel a proper box will really help you the most with your current system, there's plenty of people who could help you with the numbers part of building a box,

and there's a free program called Google Sketch-up, I used it to design both my boxes so far and it's great.

Here's my favorite video tutorial on how to use Sketch-up to build a box, Mark does a fantastic job with his tutorials.

Also if you want to save a few $$$ you can make you own copper lugs like what I did, it's in my build log (Link in my sig) on page 2 or 3, it;s like 4 bucks for the chunk of copper I used and I've made like 7 or 8 lugs. You have to crimp them carefully, the pipe is a tad thin, but if you solder it in that should hold just fine.

Either 3/8 ID or OD will work, the OD (outer diameter) is a tight fit on true-spec 4 ga but it will work, just have to flare the end a little and have a steady hand.

If you have some questions, I'll be happy to help.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Archived