Sonic Electronix

I know everyone is probably getting sick of posts like this one here. I joined the site cause I seen everyone here seems to be very helpful and doesn't feed off other peoples lack of knowledge to certain subjects. But any way to the point.

I have 2 10" L7s that are going into a 99 Contour SVT. I have no amp. And that's my problem. On a college budget it sucks. I don't know what my best choice would be to get the best performance. I'm not going to post a selection of the few I've looked at. I just am going to go off other peoples past experiences.

Like I said sorry for such a Newb question. But I have a feeling I came to the right spot for help. Thank you in advance to any advice.

Hifonic's 1206d or hifonics 1606d

I have 2 alpine type r 12'' running of a hifonics 1206d and they slam pretty damn hard.

I recommend getting them 199$ without shipping. Just wait awhile and save. If you do shit cheap or on a cheap bugget your going to get what you payed for. Shit

Team Xtreme - Mike

k99tgh22wv4-1.jpg

Nismofreak18 (6:53:43 PM): viper alarm

Nismofreak18 (6:53:45 PM): woooowoooowoo

Nismofreak18 (6:53:47 PM): I come out

Nismofreak18 (6:53:52 PM): and kick your ass lol

ipur3fknpawahi (6:54:01 PM): Dude ill steal your fucking alarm to

Hifonic's 1206d or hifonics 1606d

I have 2 alpine type r 12'' running of a hifonics 1206d and they slam pretty damn hard.

I recommend getting them 199$ without shipping. Just wait awhile and save. If you do shit cheap or on a cheap bugget your going to get what you payed for. Shit

I would say it depends how much you want to spend and what your looking to get out of it. IMHO, Kicker amps make kicker speakers have much better sound quality than hifonics amps do. However, Hifonics do have power and they are one ohm stable. I would definitely say save up about $400.

Are they 2 or 4 ohm DVC? If its 4 ohm dvc, its going to be a PITA to go with kicker because its two ohm stable. Rockford also has clean power too....1000bd.

I've used a rockford(crunch 800.2), kicker(zx1000.1), alpine (850MS), crunch (PZI250.2- 1KW), and a quantum(4KW)..... to push two 12'' cvrs and I can honestly say nothing even came close to my kicker except for the rockford.

The crunch, which is made by the same company as Hifonics had power, but it wasn't clean like the Kicker and RF. It was cheap, but I got what I paid for...... It smelled like it was going to catch on fire every time it got warm. I don't know if the hifonics are the same way, and I'm not knocking on the people who have them, I just don't prefer them. I've heard a hifonics hooked up to a few different subs, granted I didn't know how the amp was setup, but the kicker had it beat for SQ.

A few guys around here will tell you that Power Acoustik is the way to go for cheap power....Maybe look into it.

Archived