DC Sound Lab

Lvl 5 15s sealed specs

If you haven't messed with a 4th order before then don't bother. I gave you the correct sealed airspace for the level 5 15 in a 4th order. I think I have a slight idea what they like since that is what is in my truck in a 4th.

if it was like that no one would have a 4th order. we all gotta start some were.

cj

is it better to do a 2:1 or a 3:1 didnt know you had this setup thanks for the help.anyways.

If you haven't messed with a 4th order before then don't bother. I gave you the correct sealed airspace for the level 5 15 in a 4th order. I think I have a slight idea what they like since that is what is in my truck in a 4th.

if it was like that no one would have a 4th order. we all gotta start some were.

cj

is it better to do a 2:1 or a 3:1 didnt know you had this setup thanks for the help.anyways.

depends what you are going for and how much space you have to play with. My wall right now is 1.75 sealed per and about a 1.5:1 ratio. I didnt have enough airspace to get my ported side any bigger.

My experience with them is that the smaller the ported side yields a bit more musical and wider bandwidth. The larger ported side yields a much larger number, but a slightly smaller bandwidth. If I had my pick and plenty of airspace to play with, I would go with 2.5:1 with 1.65 sealed per sub.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I hear the bigger the ratio, the louder it is, it still retains just as flat a response as a smaller ratio.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

from my understanding with the higher ratio you get more of a spike in SPL around your tuning...as compared to lower ratio which is more evenly spread thoughout the bandwidth, less of a drop in SPL over a wider range...

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

I can do a 3:1 because I no enigma311 (rip) has 8 cubes sealed to 23 cubes ported and everyone said his hit slammed so maybe all try that an work down from thier is it better to have the subs inverted so you can smell the coils if thier a problem or just normal is fine I'm running this off a ab1100.1 and 6 odyssey 2150s an 2 mechman 270 if this make a difference I'm planning to get bhe to design it up for me and wee what they say

I would invert if you are overpowering the subs by a considerable amount. If you are running rated or a little above rated you could have them mounted normal. And the 1.65 is without any displacements. So whatever the displacement of the sub is, which is probably .2-.3, then you would add that to 1.65 to get how big of volume the box has to be. So around 1.85-1.95 total.

Edited by Raptorman

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.