Silverado Misfire issues

Well transmission/torque converter problems are fixed, but I'm still stuck on misfire issues. Finally figured out why my computer wasn't reading and replaced the proper fuse, and was able to read the codes. Gave me the following codes...

P1133 - Heated o2 sensor insufficient (1 code) been on for quite a while, not a big issue
P0300 - Multiple Random Misfire detected (2 codes)
P0303 - Cyl 3 Misfire (2 codes)

Basically what happens is, when not under load (stationary) a full rev up leads to no issues, but once under load (happens above 3000rpm) you can start hearing a gentle rattle as I accelerate, and a noticeable loss of power (until shifts into next gear)...if I get it where it sits at a higher RPM (going uphill) you can feel the engine pulsing trying to accelerate. I'm thinking coil pack or injector, trying to figure out which it is (both will be changed in total eventually), truck is a 2001 Z71 4x4 with the Vortec 5300 V8.

POTATO!

Little more evaluation. Got a video of the truck accelerating as well.

0:21, you hear me get on the gas and accelerate, truck downshifts, and the RPM shoots up and the rattle/misfire can be heard...truck has brand new spark plugs/wires, new fuel filter, clean air filter, brand new rebuilt transmission & torque converter...I'm at a loss here

POTATO!

An injector could possibly be the cause of it. What kind of spark plus and wires are you using?

I've heard that it might be, but then again it shouldn't be. Should be all AC Delco plugs, I'm going to pull them all out tomorrow and check them.

POTATO!

They should be fine that brand is trustworthy. Usually when a bad coil is the cause of a misfire, the misfire happens at a certain rpm. Have you noticed if your truck misfires at a certain rpm?

Yeah, it starts around 3000rpm, and goes up from there, worsening in intensity. I did, for a while, get a Cyl 3 misfire code, swapped it's coil packs, but still got cyl 3 misfire codes. Trying to avoid replacing all 8 at the moment if I don't have to...

POTATO!

It shouldn't be low fuel pressure or you would have a lean condition and another code in the computer. Try the simple things first like clean the MAF and check the gap on your plugs. If that doesn't help (which it prob won't but a good place to start) I suggest pulling the fuel injectors and having them flow tested and cleaned (cheaper than replacing them) and go from ther to the coil packs.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

tell you right had the same prob with my 5.3l 2002 yukon check the intake gaskets if they are plastic they most likely are leaking (they were on factory recall) get some steel and rubber ones haven't had an issue since

otherwise your maf is dirty or going out

alright now i found the gaskets http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/FEL0/MS98016T.oap?pt=02293&ppt=C0026

P1133 i missed this it could be a plugged catalytic converter

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived