T.A.G. Audio Posted February 4, 2013 Report Posted February 4, 2013 So I am purchasing a set of focal 6.5 components for my 03 f150. It did not come with tweeters or a place to mount them. So I am going to mount them on the a pillars. I am just wondering how you mount the tweeters. I see that it comes with like a mounting cup but I don't see how it works. Do I drill holes or what? And also would the a pillars be the best place to mount? 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
FosgateLife Posted February 4, 2013 Report Posted February 4, 2013 Whatever the hole cut out for mounting is is what size hole saw cut out for drill you need. This will only work if you have a flat mounting surface in the a pillars. Or you could do surface mounting, or you could drill hole in your door like you would in the a pillar 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/
DubNDodge Posted February 4, 2013 Report Posted February 4, 2013 I think there is a angle you are supposed to mount them at iirc. I have no clue what it should be though. Just something to look into when mounting it '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Carbon Posted February 4, 2013 Report Posted February 4, 2013 depending on the size you have a ton of options! Door / A Pillar are the most common. I have seen them in the kicks, dash and vents as well
T.A.G. Audio Posted February 4, 2013 Author Report Posted February 4, 2013 I have seen them done in the a pillars most often so that's why I chose there and should I mount it to bounce off the windshield or just a line down the middle or towards me? And is it easy to flush mount? 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
Carbon Posted February 4, 2013 Report Posted February 4, 2013 I have seen them done in the a pillars most often so that's why I chose there and should I mount it to bounce off the windshield or just a line down the middle or towards me? And is it easy to flush mount? if you have the right tools its very easy to flush mount in the pillars if you have the backspace for them. I like mine neutral or facing the cabin. Dont really see to many firing towards the windshield.
HunterJohnson Posted February 4, 2013 Report Posted February 4, 2013 what I would suggest it hoooking them up and having a friend hold them in different locations that will work and see what sounds best. Personally I like my tweeters high on the doors or in the kicks. Scion tC SQ BuildiPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily drivenFord Explorer C Pillar Wall Build Just a cheap car to destroy with bass
T.A.G. Audio Posted February 4, 2013 Author Report Posted February 4, 2013 I definitely will not just slop them up their like that one pic. I am going to see if there is a flush spot on my a pillars and if not I will fit them in the door somewhere. 03 Ford f150 2 Sa8 v2s Ap 1800d... Stinger 0 Guage CA Auto/ Electric Big 3 Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker Soon to come another d680 Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back Soon to come Pioneers all around Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp Kenwood KDC-X896 Memphis Line Driver My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.