viper 5901 question

I have a 5901 in my accord. It comes with the regular 2 way remote that is not colored. The charging port has a short on it so Im going to order the new hd remote. Viper says its compatible with my brain. Has anyone switched to this newer remote? I'm tryin to find out if all the screen animations will match up or if there's anything I gotta do to set that stuff up. I'm hoping this remote is built a little better because my original remote seemed to be very flimsy and just felt cheap. Thanks guys.

itll work, the 5901 and 5902 are exactly the same brain and antenna the only difference is the remote, just need to get the remote and program it to the brain and youre all set. ignition on within five seconds press antenna button then press and hold to put in pairing mode. on the 5902 you wait till screens off press and hold the scroll wheel until the menu pops up then find the remote pair button. bing bang boom you got a fancy remote. i dont anymore mine got squished between the hood and boddy of a customer car :( oh well time for smart start.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

Are you sure the USB port it bad? Just from experience the charger it comes with only lasts so long. I just use a standard mini USB cable on my computer or iPhone plug. Always liked the looks o the 5902 remote. My 5901 remote is pretty worn but I can't justify spending 150ish for a new 5902.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Thanks guys. It's the port its self I have 4 chargers I have used an they all do it. Sometimes I have to pop the back off an pull it out the case to charge it. Sonics has the hd for around 150 an the one I have now for around 100. All the shop around here want 299 an up just for the dam remote.

So I noticed last night its not showing my battery level any more. The battery outline is there but no blocks inside. For those of you that have had both remotes does the hd one feel better built. I always thought this one was flimsy feeling.

the 5902 remote is kind of big/clunky and buttons will be hit when its in your pocket, so put the hold on it then you have to press remote start and unlock to unlock the remote every time the backlight goes away and also one big problem i had was the key chain goes into the bottom of the remote and held in inside with a clip like theres a stud on the keychain and i had 2 different remotes and both of them the c clip let go inside and its tiny and really easy to lose so then you dont have it on your chain anymore and i almost lost mine many times one time in the horse arena amidst all the sand. message me if you have more questions.

the 5901 remote ive had a few people come back and one right out of the box not wanting to charge.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

Ok thanks from what ive seen so far I guess I might as well order the same one I have now. I was hoping the new one was an improvement but it seems like the color screen is the only difference.

Archived