Fiberglass question

for a full dashboard...Id say 2 gallons at least depending on how many layers and how different your going to make it. Depends on so many factors though, so it's hard to say.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

for a full dashboard...Id say 2 gallons at least depending on how many layers and how different your going to make it. Depends on so many factors though, so it's hard to say.

Ya,i know i wouldnt be able to get a exact number, but a guesstament helps me out haha. never fiberglassed anything

Ya,i know i wouldnt be able to get a exact number, but a guesstament helps me out haha. never fiberglassed anything
If you've never fiberglassed before, I don't suggest starting with a whole dash for your first project. You will need to learn some techniques first and you can't turn back once the fleece, mat and resin are down.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Just came back to add this...A full dash is a massive first project. As much
as you want to do it, you will most likely be discouraged from the
beginning when you realize how much detail will actually go into it (ie:
gauge pods, climate controls, mounting locations, etc.) speaker pods
are a good first project because they let you see how fiberglass acts;
how it lays, its little annoying tendencies (like if your using a
regular chip brush, the mat will LOVE to drag and hang on to it). You
can get it cheap, which is good, but your going to waste a hell of a lot
of time trying to do it instead of training yourself to do it and go in
with
a plan.I don't mean to be discouraging...Hell if your naturally
talented with it, by all means. But it's one of those things that you
really can't just watch a youtube video on and be able to do it. It
takes a decent amount of practice (and messing up) to learn how to do it
right.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Orangejuiced is gonna help me, he knows how to fiberglass. and he can show me some stuff hopefully

will he personally help you? get ready for hours of sanding. you might want to invest in some electric sanders :P

I still think it would be better to fiberglass something right below for switches, HU, etc

Just came back to add this...A full dash is a massive first project. As much

as you want to do it, you will most likely be discouraged from the

beginning when you realize how much detail will actually go into it (ie:

gauge pods, climate controls, mounting locations, etc.) speaker pods

are a good first project because they let you see how fiberglass acts;

how it lays, its little annoying tendencies (like if your using a

regular chip brush, the mat will LOVE to drag and hang on to it). You

can get it cheap, which is good, but your going to waste a hell of a lot

of time trying to do it instead of training yourself to do it and go in

with

a plan.I don't mean to be discouraging...Hell if your naturally

talented with it, by all means. But it's one of those things that you

really can't just watch a youtube video on and be able to do it. It

takes a decent amount of practice (and messing up) to learn how to do it

right.

too true. every fiberglass project I do contains 3-7 moments of mild to extreme urges to quit, depending on the size of the project lol.

I will suggest a couple things though.

1) use resin without wax until your last later. this way you wont have to do lots of sanding between layers if they dry.

2) use a resin with a longer working time. it goes much smoother when you don't have to rush before the resin dries in the cup. it's also easier to add a layer to a wet layer. if you want a longer working time, work in the COOOLLLDDD then turn on a heat lamp once you're done. don't get it too hot, just back to 75-80* or so.

3) don't mix large cups of resin unless it has a very long working time. i usually work with 3-5 ounces at a time but with a big project you may go through it faster.

4) when going over a contour, like a 90* bend, you can break up the mat so that it wont try to straighten back out and give you a big bubble.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived