Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

HDC4s?


bassfreake

Recommended Posts

Posted

HDC4s will handle 7k daily then coil unwinds, and 10k burp, it is what I have heard, I personally haven't tested them. I will have 7 of the 4s here next month, so the testing will begin very soon. 6 for the truck and 1 to play with and blow a few times over to see what they can and can't do. Then it will become my spare lol.

lol damn I wish I could afford to go buying $400 subs 7 at a time and have one of them just for the pure purpose of purposefully overpowering it to see when it will explode lol

seriously? single sub running 7k a piece? damn... the coil unwinding part doesn't sound like a good thing though lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Posted

I have pics of it off facebook, a fellow competitor for MWSPL did it, it was a trunk car, single HDC4 on 2 3500s.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Posted

Here is Shane testing the prototype about a year ago

ForSale2.jpg

Our score with the HDC4 18 and 8400 watts with mic on the dash.

Bignumber.jpg

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Posted

I have pics of it off facebook, a fellow competitor for MWSPL did it, it was a trunk car, single HDC4 on 2 3500s.

thats insane! I knew they could take more than the 3500 I was throwing at them but I didn't expect that much.....maybe I should do a 5500 per sub on my next build :)

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/


16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/


8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

 

Posted

damn... lol yea don't think I'll be putting 14,000w in my trunk on 2 12s :-P especially when the rest of my speakers are still stock lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Posted

I plan on running a Q1-3500D.1 per HDC4 at some point for music at .5 ohm per amp, so around 5k per sub.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Posted

I have pics of it off facebook, a fellow competitor for MWSPL did it, it was a trunk car, single HDC4 on 2 3500s.

thats insane! I knew they could take more than the 3500 I was throwing at them but I didn't expect that much.....maybe I should do a 5500 per sub on my next build :)

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT lol that would be epic dude I would love to see that lol I hope you are ready to maybe have to put fiberglass on your back windows though lol I can't imagine your back windows being happy with the kinda force over 10kw of sub pointed straight up would do to them lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Posted

I have pics of it off facebook, a fellow competitor for MWSPL did it, it was a trunk car, single HDC4 on 2 3500s.

thats insane! I knew they could take more than the 3500 I was throwing at them but I didn't expect that much.....maybe I should do a 5500 per sub on my next build :)

Yes you should :)

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Posted

I have pics of it off facebook, a fellow competitor for MWSPL did it, it was a trunk car, single HDC4 on 2 3500s.

thats insane! I knew they could take more than the 3500 I was throwing at them but I didn't expect that much.....maybe I should do a 5500 per sub on my next build :)

YOU SHOULD TOTALLY DO THAT lol that would be epic dude I would love to see that lol I hope you are ready to maybe have to put fiberglass on your back windows though lol I can't imagine your back windows being happy with the kinda force over 10kw of sub pointed straight up would do to them lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Posted

I plan on running a Q1-3500D.1 per HDC4 at some point for music at .5 ohm per amp, so around 5k per sub.

holy crap... so what's that... 30k total running through the back of your head? lol that's insane... I mean I know at this point there's lots of ppl in the serious car audio scene that run that kinda power... but still... the most I've ran so far was 1800 and that's assuming that my AP amp actually did rated which I doubt especially since 1. it was running with a 4g power and ground and 2. I never turned it all the way up... and I've never actually been to a car show to hear someone else running high power subs... a buddy of mine that got me started on subs and gave me my first subs had some little kenwood 12s on a 500w rms amp but that was the highest he actually had hooked up in his car and that was in a prefab box. so my 15s in a sealed box I built myself running an 1800w amp at half power is the most I've really experienced so far... so the concept of 30,000w is mind boggling to me right now lol I am really looking forward to when I have the money and start running either HDC312s on whatever a single 3500 can do at .5 or HDC412s on whatever 2 3500s can do at .5 lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 455 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...