a buddy of mine came down from evansville, IN yesterday and came over bright and early. took us quite awhile to get this all done b/c of some box/wiring issues and i didnt get many pics in the progress...sorry.

subs: (2)JL W1

Amp: some old ass DEI amp he had laying around

headunit: kenwood exceleron (have no idea on what modle)

prefab box

4 guage memphis wiring kit

so he bought this box for like $200...and here is the most stupid thing i have ever heard...this box fits american versions of the silverado, whose vin # begins in with a 1....of course he has the canadian version of the whose vin # begins with 2....so somehow, this box was not just a drop in procedure like it was suppose to be. we had to cut some vents behind his seats that are suppose to regulate cabin pressure when somebody shuts a door and we also had to say a couple of bolts off behind his seats as well...took us awhile to figure all that out....

then his headunit he was using was from his boat and whoever installed it before did a minor hack job on the wiring so we had to get that situated. we went up to Coogle's place a couple of times to get the wiring straight and one of his employees was kind enough to give us the color and location of the wire that we had to tap into for the remote turn on....(one of the three pink wires under the steering column...had to find it with a dmm)

anyways...here are the few pics i took..

the truck..i love it...kinda iffy on his choice of rims...but whatever, they are 20's...

DSCF1139.jpg

DSCF1133.jpg

DSCF1134.jpg

him acting like his goofy ass self...this was done very jokingly

DSCF1140.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

i likes me some audio stuff...

looks good man..those rims look alot better when lifted and some meaty styles...but overall nice truck and nice install

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

HU: AVIC-D2

Fronts: ARC Audio KAR KS6006 Components

AA Poly Mids/ CDT CW-19 Tweets in kicks

Front Amp: Profile AP400x2

Rear Fill: None

Sub: DC LVL 4 (CF Dustcap) x2 (waiting for dustcaps)

AMP: RF t10001bd x2 (1400-1500 @ 1 ohm)

Wire: Welding Supply/Lighting Audio 1/0 Power/Ground

Zero Noise 2.0zn RCA (x2)

260 Amp Iraggi Alternator

Its called the classic cab.

Only thing 07 about it is the model year, all wiring is 06, int, and exterior is 06.

Cool deal on that box.

and for turn on you can use the factory rap module found in the pass kick panel, that way the radio will stay on without the key just like factory.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

thanks guys...the subs sound really good, but i guess thats what u should expect from JL...im not sure where he got the box from, i think he got it thru the place in evansville that he always shops at...

but i was talking with a guy up at coogle's shop and he said JL makes a custom part fiberglass box for that truck...said it retails for like $850 and two W1 10s are included...u gotta take the back seats out and cut a few things..

wish i would have known about that wire earlier...but oh well...we found one that worked...

it was pretty funny b/c we 'dry fitted' the deck and temporarily wired it up and absolutely nothing happened...we stared at each other for a second and then i looked down and realized i didnt plug the harness into the headunit...we had a good laugh over that one!

Edited by amatt85

i likes me some audio stuff...