Thinking of updating.

Start a Command shell as Administrator (find it in the start menu, right click on it, and select "run as administrator") You will need to authorize the UAC.

Run the following command "slmgr /rearm" and wait for the command to complete. (you will be prompted)

Restart the machine, and head over the the About page. You will be notified that you have 30 days to activate, and near that is a blue link to enter a new key. Click it, enter your upgrade key, and let it activate. If all went well, you should be good to go.

HP is now going to send me a recovery disk and they say this should fix my problem. All I have to pay for is shipping so I guess that's not too bad....beats the hell out of paying retail lol.

Just right click my computer to go to properties. Scroll down and you should be able to authenticate. Easy as

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

How to enable AHCI for Windows 7 without having to re-install the OS:

1: Close all open programs besides this browser window

2: Open Start Menu -> type "regedit" in search box at bottom -> open regedit.exe
3: Open this folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlset / Services / msahci
4: In the list on the right, right-click the word "Start" and hit "Modify"
5: In the value Data field enter "0" and click "OK"
6: Exit regedit and Start -> Shutdown
7: As the computer reboots, enter the BIOS at boot (spam-tap F10 when HP screen shows up at boot)

8: In your BIOS you'll need to find "SATA Mode" and change it from IDE to AHCI

9: Save changes and exit. You should now boot back into Windows and be up and running in AHCI mode

I've done it on 2 machines I've upgraded from hard drives to SSD's and it worked on both of them with no issues.

To re-arm Windows:

1: Start Menu -> Computer (on the right)

2: Click "System Properties" (top of the window)

3: Scroll to the bottom and hit "Activate Windows" (something like that)

4: If it asks for a key or gives you the option to type in a key, do that and type in the key that was on the sticker

5: Once it's done doing it's thing, reboot the system and Windows should be armed

Once you get all this running, don't be worried about the speed of the SATA ports (though you may have SATA3 anyway, we don't really know). It's still going to be the best improvement you could make to your computer. The drive is top of it's class so if you upgrade other parts down the line or get another computer later you'll always have a fast storage system.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I actually did try that, but couldn't get it to work. It would always say that windows is activated no matter what I do. So I contacted HP again and got a recovery disk, they said all I would pay for is shipping. I highly doubt shipping 5-7 days for a disk is $15. Looked at an email they sent me, it says the my warranty is up. I'm going to contact them again but a different department cause I bought this thing in March last year. This SSD has costed more than I thought it would. Had to buy Norton Ghost to clone the hard drive. That was around $38, and now $15 for a recovery disk. Really hope its worth it all. I know I wont get that money back, not worried bout that. I just want all this headache to be worth it.

Archived