Second Skin Audio

Treo SSX 12's?

brandonlearL7

So, I've found two different postings on the local Craigslist for Treo SSX 12's. 1 person wanted $255, and another wanted $350. They were both in slot ported boxes. The guy who had them for $350 is not willing to move on the price at all, but the girl who has the $255 ones for sale sounds like I could make an offer. Are the subs worth this much? What do you guys think about Treo subs? I want to compete this year, would this be a good set of subs to compete with on an American Bass VFL 150.1?

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Mids/Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate 120.2

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

They are not all that plus a lot of shops are dumping TREO Engineering like flies. If I was you I would not get it because it is so difficult to get hold of them which it took me about a month or so to get a hold of them over the phone. If I was you I would look into these

SQ

Boston Acoustics [ebay and other online sites].

Morel.

Dynaudio.

Arc Audio [but not a big fan of them].

Focal.

SPL

Digital Designs [nothing I head can out do them to this date].

Incriminator Audio.

The companies I listed not only make good subwoofers plus you can get a hold of them if need to.

They are not all that plus a lot of shops are dumping TREO Engineering like flies. If I was you I would not get it because it is so difficult to get hold of them which it took me about a month or so to get a hold of them over the phone. If I was you I would look into these

SPL

Digital Designs [nothing I head can out do them to this date].

Incriminator Audio.

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into DD and IA.

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Mids/Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate 120.2

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

I would look into DC subs if i were you. DD and IA are great but DC is where its at. (yes i am a proud DC nuthugger) :D Look into AQ, Sundown and Skar as well....

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

Archived