There's a place called Aikishin Budo near where I will be living. It teaches Aiki Jitsu (Aikijutsu) and Aikido. I know nothing of the martial arts they teach. It also looks pretty new saying that it was not there when I looked online for one back in November. No reviews on it either so I don't know how good it is.

I think I will find a school with no pads. I'm not looking to break out into fights every day. But I figure if I'm going to to a martial art to do self defense than I should go with no pads. To get conditioned for fighting on the street or something.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Whats rare about it? I can't exactly find videos of Aiki Jitsu (Aikijutsu) and Aikido on youtube. If I do its usually something completely different. Is it useful for everyday self defense? Or should I keep with Hapkido?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I meant to say which form is rare the Aiki Jitsu (Aikijutsu) or Aikido I don't know anything about either one.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

You seem very knowledgeable about martial arts. How long have you been a practitioner of martial arts? How many martial arts do you know and have taken? Is Akido all about the Katana? I'm not really interested in sword techniques. How often would you have a sword on you in present day America? lol. So Aiki Jitsu is a spin off of what you take? Just less lethal? I think when I move down there I will look into it almost immediately. Do you think it would be allowed to cross train in different schools? I want to also learn Judo for the take downs. They just seem cool and also VERY practical when it comes down to self defense. I don't think many people would want to fight still after being slammed down on cold hard concrete or asphalt.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

That video is fucking awesome you were drunk and you took down someone in the U.S. Army. And that was just Hapkido and Akido? I thought that Hapkido was striking and join locks. You look older than I how old are you? I am 22.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

You seem very knowledgeable about martial arts. How long have you been a practitioner of martial arts? How many martial arts do you know and have taken? Is Akido all about the Katana? I'm not really interested in sword techniques. How often would you have a sword on you in present day America? lol. So Aiki Jitsu is a spin off of what you take? Just less lethal? I think when I move down there I will look into it almost immediately. Do you think it would be allowed to cross train in different schools? I want to also learn Judo for the take downs. They just seem cool and also VERY practical when it comes down to self defense. I don't think many people would want to fight still after being slammed down on cold hard concrete or asphalt.

I started when I was 13, I havent traied since I was 20, and I'm almost 30.

I've learned bits and peices of many types. You have to if you want to win. Akido only teaches sword techniques at higher belts. You learn knife techniques much sooner. Which is good for offence and defence. Akijitsu should be almost the same as what I took. I would ask the teacher where he learned it. Most who teach it in america are special forces who where stationed in Japan. Cross training is fine, once you get the basics down. Center, throws and falls. It will be frustrating at first because you will learn stance, breathing, and falls for a few months. Then you get into the fun stuff. Keep in mind how everthing feels. A shoulder throw, a hip throw, tomo nage (leg throw). You will have to keep in mind balance. You master that, you control the fight.

Archived