XS Power

do I need one and how big

ok so right now I'm about to be just running 2200w from a diehard platinum marine battery under the hood and gna upgrade my big 3 and get a 270A alt from mechman. but I plan to eventually upgrade to maybe as much as 8kw out of a pair of SQ 3500s. at that point I'm sure a 270A alt and a single battery wouldn't be enough to run both of those amps. possibly not even one of them. how big a battery would I need to run 1 of these amps and how big for 2 of these amps?

I don't completely understand atm how the amp hours and stuff like that converts to be able to tell how much it would take to handle how much power yet that's why I'm asking.

Edited by bassfreake

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

ok so right now I'm about to be just running 2200w from a diehard platinum marine battery under the hood and gna upgrade my big 3 and get a 270A alt from mechman. but I plan to eventually upgrade to maybe as much as 8kw out of a pair of SQ 3500s. at that point I'm sure a 270A alt and a single battery wouldn't be enough to run both of those amps. possibly not even one of them. how big a battery would I need to run 1 of these amps and how big for 2 of these amps?

I don't completely understand atm how the amp hours and stuff like that converts to be able to tell how much it would take to handle how much power yet that's why I'm asking.

For 1, 1 D 3100, for 2 2 D3100 or 1 D7500 minimum, better 3 D3100 or more.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

oh ok lol what's the difference between S and D?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

2x3500=7000

How did you get 8000

They might be underrated but you just can't assume

one SQ 3500 is actually rated at 4300 @ 1ohm @ 14.4v... 2 SQ 3500 linked are rated at 8600 @ 2ohms @14.4v

My Build Log

2x3500=7000

How did you get 8000

They might be underrated but you just can't assume

4 ohm power @ 12V @ 1% THD 750W x 1

4 ohm power @ 14.4V @ 1% THD 1400W x 1

2 ohm power @ 14.4V @ 1% THD 2600W x 1

1 ohm power @ 14.4V @ < 1% THD 4300W x 1

1 ohm Power @ 16V** @ 1% THD 5300W x 1

http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-3500D1-Amplifier_p_32.html

Edited by DubinDodge

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

For 1, 1 D 3100, for 2 2 D3100 or 1 D7500 minimum, better 3 D3100 or more.

is that for if I add the batteries to the one I've already got under the hood?

My Build Log