Taylor Matheson

You're forgetting Crescendo's as well.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

You're welcome Taylor, Ok, the 45s inside the port need to be done perfectly or not done at all, they should be done exactly as follows:

TPort-45s.jpg

The important thing is that the 45s don't make the port narrower than 2 1/4" (in your case) to each side.

Also is important that you round the inner edges of the port at both ends as shown in the pic above.

If you have any questions let me know.

what are the lengths of the two peices at the end of the port? your design says 2 1/4 but thats tiny compared to the drawing of it itself...

You're welcome Taylor, Ok, the 45s inside the port need to be done perfectly or not done at all, they should be done exactly as follows:

TPort-45s.jpg

The important thing is that the 45s don't make the port narrower than 2 1/4" (in your case) to each side.

Also is important that you round the inner edges of the port at both ends as shown in the pic above.

If you have any questions let me know.

what are the lengths of the two peices at the end of the port? your design says 2 1/4 but thats tiny compared to the drawing of it itself...

Ok I see where is the confision the 2 1/4" is the width of the duct at the turn on the port, the size of the 45s inside the port depend on how the corners are smoothed, take a look:

Turns_zps5dbfbe35.jpg

As you can see the 45s are different in size BUT the width of the duct at the turn is the same in all, in your case 1/2 of port width is = 2 1/4" .

It is my experience that it's best for builders to determine themselves the size of the 45s inside the port according to the turn smoothing of their preference to avoid potential building errors.

Let me know any questions.

~~Freezing my butt off trying to cut MDF at like 7pm at night. SOOOO much fun.~~

Finished product.. Extended the port fins abit.. 2 1/4 or whatever it was wouldn't fit so i tripled it to 5" ... whoops. also used 15 ply plywood on the front so reduce the flex and make it a hell of alot easier to mount the subs in the end.... kinda deciding to downgrade to kenwoods... dont really need 1500W plus it would shake the bolts out of my vehicle. 3ZUnspW.jpg?1

is making the wings at the end of the port going to effect the HZ by alot... I wasnt really thinking at the time of cutting ... starting to think more about it now, the ports are still equal... its just i increased the length of the wings at the end by quite abit..

Archived