DubNDodge Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 I'll be going! I'll be in a red dodge stratus. I'll need to do a sweep, should I get there before everything starts or will there be time for me to do a sweep once things get going? (This is my first comp) Also, when doing my sweep, do I need to be full tilt, or just enough to register on the meter? (Does the meter record the freq you peak at, or only the pressure?) '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
ineeDBass419 Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 ive herd people say to only do do it at half volume..not sure why,maybe so you don't heat you're stuff up? xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420 Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?
DubNDodge Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 Well I just sort of assumed that your peak at half tilt would still be your peak at full tilt. I just didn't want to be running a sweep and blow something in the process of going all out. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Mobileaudio25 Posted April 19, 2013 Author Report Posted April 19, 2013 Do half to 3/4ths volume on a 35-50 sweep. You will prolly be around 34-44 that's where most people playing music daily tend to be... Your peak is your peak regardless of volume for the most part
fox_racin4 Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 Do half to 3/4ths volume on a 35-50 sweep. You will prolly be around 34-44 that's where most people playing music daily tend to be... Your peak is your peak regardless of volume for the most partWrong. Peak is afected by volumeDo a sweep, find peak (1/2vol ish) Then do 5hz up and 5hz down full tilt My trunk peaked at 40hz on a sweep 148.x@40hz At 46hz it did a 150.1 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
DubNDodge Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 Do half to 3/4ths volume on a 35-50 sweep. You will prolly be around 34-44 that's where most people playing music daily tend to be... Your peak is your peak regardless of volume for the most partWrong. Peak is afected by volumeDo a sweep, find peak (1/2vol ish) Then do 5hz up and 5hz down full tilt My trunk peaked at 40hz on a sweep 148.x@40hz At 46hz it did a 150.1 Thanks for the info. Good to know. What was your trunk setup? '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
cmonsterVR6 Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 I'm in Cincinnati and I'm going to try to make it to the May show in Columbus. I've never been to show before. My car won't be ready by any means, I'm working on ordering my sound deadener stuff from Second Skin. Currently, I'm running 1 - 12" Memphis M1 on a Directed 600d in a FoxBody Mustang. In progress of upgrading everything...
Mobileaudio25 Posted April 19, 2013 Author Report Posted April 19, 2013 Wow I didn't know that. That's what the people that were competing told me to do. I should be able to get a 149 out of my trunk setup then MECA style. Thanks for the knowledge
fox_racin4 Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 Do half to 3/4ths volume on a 35-50 sweep. You will prolly be around 34-44 that's where most people playing music daily tend to be... Your peak is your peak regardless of volume for the most partWrong. Peak is afected by volumeDo a sweep, find peak (1/2vol ish) Then do 5hz up and 5hz down full tilt My trunk peaked at 40hz on a sweep 148.x@40hz At 46hz it did a 150.1 Thanks for the info. Good to know. What was your trunk setup? 1995 grand am 5 batts 1 atomic 7k wired at 1ohm 2 pap wmd2 12s Center slot port box with plugable port. Would burp a 50 and still kill 30hz! 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Crandis16 Posted April 19, 2013 Report Posted April 19, 2013 I'll be moving to Ohio soon from Erie, PA Probably Chardon, OH area I'll be at the competition in North Canton, OH this weekend though My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.