bassfreake Posted February 16, 2013 Report Posted February 16, 2013 so coax speakers have the crossover built into them which means that you don't have to worry about that you can just plug the speakers into the amp and roll pretty much right? so what's the advantage of getting speakers that you have to put an external crossover on as opposed to just getting coax which have it built in? (I've at least been around long enough to know that if it's more complicated than something else and it still continues to sell there's probably a reason for it that in some way makes it better for people to continue to buy the more complicated stuff) Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
audiofanaticz Posted February 16, 2013 Report Posted February 16, 2013 often times coax do not have a crossover.. If they normally have anything it is a simple, cheap, low quality resister that blocks out all lower frequencies so the tweeter does not blow. The actual speaker or midrange part of it has no crossover. It will play whatever is played, even if its damaging to the speaker and you dont use your active eq on your headunit or amplifier. The speakers are generally cheaper built, and lower quality compared to a component speaker. Lots of coax speakers say they are 3 or 4 way, because they put 2 or 3 tweeters on it instead of just the 1 tweeter. Its just a marketing gimmick since all those extra tweeters that are being user are still crossed over at the same frequency with the same cheap shitty resistor. So in the end you are paying more money to get a speaker with more tweeters that all play the same freq unlike a real 3 or 4 way set would, not to mention instead of a nicer single tweeter, your getting multiple cheaper grade tweeters. Components almost always have a tweeter that is at least twice as better as the coax speakers, you have the ability to place the tweeter where you want (can only do that with some coaxs). Your getting a some what decent crossover, that will only allow the mid and tweeter to play the freq they are designed to play without damage to the speakers. Often times you wont have to mess with external amplifier crossovers or headunit crossovers, or you will have to do very little if wanted. Many of the nicer components will take more power then their ratings advertise due to the quality of parts being used... Night and Day difference between coaxles and components.
bassfreake Posted February 16, 2013 Author Report Posted February 16, 2013 oh ok so the level of quality goes coax component and then the actual single speakers... so if I'm going for quality stay far away from coax and be cautious of component then lol ok got it... and yea I didn't realize till after I asked this that the coax I was looking at had a speaker inside of it at first I thought it was just a decoration kinda like how subs alot of times have a bump in the middle that has the brand logo on it or something Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
pickup1 Posted February 16, 2013 Report Posted February 16, 2013 You can get better quality coaxs....but you'll get better sound from a comp.set..
Watch the bass Posted February 16, 2013 Report Posted February 16, 2013 oh ok so the level of quality goes coax component and then the actual single speakers... so if I'm going for quality stay far away from coax and be cautious of component then lol ok got it... and yea I didn't realize till after I asked this that the coax I was looking at had a speaker inside of it at first I thought it was just a decoration kinda like how subs alot of times have a bump in the middle that has the brand logo on it or something Coax is a budget solution for the rear in a serious build. Rear fill in the standart sound design for the car is only a little bit, incase the music have to come from the front. "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.