The job was easy really... took about 5 cans and was simple point and shoot.

If I do any of the blaze colors- I will end up using a spray gun and doing it right in a paint bay.

Also, considering using turtle wax on the high abrasion areas to keep the paint on better.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

The job was easy really... took about 5 cans and was simple point and shoot.

If I do any of the blaze colors- I will end up using a spray gun and doing it right in a paint bay.

Also, considering using turtle wax on the high abrasion areas to keep the paint on better.

-Drew

I thought about doing this to my door panels, but didn't know how hard it was.. I just want a different interior color on my door panels, and I heard its pretty easy to take off, incase I wanted to sell my truck or something.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

It comes off VERY easy.

and yes there is a rough finish and a bit of an orange peel look but its not a permanent or expensive product so you get what you pay for. I got a more smooth effect by doing many coats of very thin plasti-dip rather than slathering it on. i did probably 8-10 very thin coats.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

• 2 weeks later...

It comes off VERY easy.

and yes there is a rough finish and a bit of an orange peel look but its not a permanent or expensive product so you get what you pay for. I got a more smooth effect by doing many coats of very thin plasti-dip rather than slathering it on. i did probably 8-10 very thin coats.

-Drew

This ^

Yeah, they recommend atleast 6 small coats for full coverage ! i watch a shitload of plast dip vids and im itching to try some out !! i just dont know what to use it on

Once you use it you tend to get addicted lol

I've found myself just brainstorming stuff to shoot. Most recently we did a buddy's GTO rims as a temporary solution to preserve what is left of them until he can powdercoat them.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Archived