Sundown Audio

Hifonics brz1700

boltdbz

by the way you know the new line of BRX 2013 which has cool led lights on them

brutus1_zps8019d243.jpg

I've only read first page so far, so if I repeat this, I'm sorry, but those led lights are neat at first, but when they are in an SUV for sure. they get super annoying. I had a BXI 2408D and the lights on it were really bright. It would be great if the lights were on a switch.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee LimitedHU: Pioneer Premier DEH-P790btFront doors: JBL Gt series 6x9'sRear doors: StockSub Amp: DC Audio 3.5K Subs: 2 DC Audio lvl 4 12's with XL uprades and carbon fiber capsAlternator: Mechman 240

Wire: Wirez 1/0 awg OFC amp wire kit

dcid5_zps46f1f305.jpg

Im not reading through all the damn quotes...the butthurt is flowing to hard in this thread.

Hifonics brz line = budget amp does close to rated..hell i owned a brz1200...it was hard on my electrical with stock 100amp alt extra battery. Good beginner amp. I can't talk shit I run a PPI 1300 right now and only at 400w / 4ohms

If you run a BRZ don't try to claim its something its not...this amp does not compare to SQ(AQ),DC,Sundown,Skar,Crescendo,ETC..

My PPI is a pos compared to a saz1200 but it gets the job done for me with a T-line and 400w...im not looking for every ounce of power I can get.

CEA ratings is meh. Alot of good amp companies are NOT cea rated but put out more than rated and some excessively more than rated(epsecially when wired down to low loads)

I think that addresses most shit I read in here. IDK why Kranny even bothered replying to this thread after the initial banter back and forth..but it looks to me like he is still trying to help the OP.... I thought I did a pretty good job showing AP is not the bees knees....

and to those saying they're good if you're on a budget...If you are on a budget look for USED quality gear or go LOWER POWER until you can get the money to DO IT RIGHT....

I'm out.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

what Kranny looks like when he thinks of Hifonics...

Funny-side-of-Olympic-div-009.jpg

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Proof!!!!, lots of stuff said with no proof. This is a job for the SMD Amp Dyno.

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

• 5 months later...

Proof!!!!, lots of stuff said with no proof. This is a job for the SMD Amp Dyno.

Fact! Somebody should buy one of these $200 amps and get it tested at a local shop... or even better send it to Steve for Amp Test Tuesday!

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

Archived