Sundown Audio

Hifonics brz1700

boltdbz

LOL at thread responses ....its like attack of the inexperienced all against Kranny... Hifonics better than Skar amps cus Skar's not CEA rated...and then someone saying Audiopipe better; too...let the LOlz continue...

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

there are plenty of people out there having no issues with hifonics. Are they just lucky? possibly and i guess im one of those lucky ones. Like i said before for a basic system thats not to insanely crazy i have yet to have issues with hifonics and voltage drops, my speakers so awesome with no clipping and im a stisfied customer. There is always a better brand out there always, but if you're just lookin to get the job done and aren't looking to buy something because of a brand name or top of the line performance then i dont see why its an issue. Long as you arent clipping and pushing the right amount of watts role with it. My next big amp i get will probably be another kicker or RF or maybe even ppi but im satisfied with my purchase and im sure the OP will be also. TUNE TUNE TUNE and enjoy

you aren't seeing any voltage drop with your stock electrical because your amp isn't outputting enough power to stress the alt. likely due to impedance rise.

either you folks can listen to me, or not. i'm just here for some honest input.

YOU ARE WRONG, my brz 1700.1d will pull power from my electrical down to 12.4 on full tilt with dual battery set up, metered at 143db

Okie dokie...so you need stiffer electrical..Good for you.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

LOL at thread responses ....its like attack of the inexperienced all against Kranny... Hifonics better than Skar amps cus Skar's not CEA rated...and then someone saying Audiopipe better; too...let the LOlz continue...

not really saying better amps, cheaper doing almost the same power

NO not doing same power..go search ap1500 clamp tests and the apsm...If I remember correctly don't quote my numbers I want to say the 1500 fell short of 1000 but I need to go look it up again. That Skar1500 will do 1500 CLEAN..

That is the difference..Clean output vs..Clipped output.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155904-audiopipe-apsm-1500-bench-tested-and-compared-to-ap-15001d/

There ya go..I searched it for the people recommending AP 1500's.

OVER Skar 1500

God this thread is mess lol.

For those not wanting to click...pulls 121amps to make 960w with efficiency of 56.7%

and thats AT 14v...not the 12.xx you would probably drop too.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

there are plenty of people out there having no issues with hifonics. Are they just lucky? possibly and i guess im one of those lucky ones. Like i said before for a basic system thats not to insanely crazy i have yet to have issues with hifonics and voltage drops, my speakers so awesome with no clipping and im a stisfied customer. There is always a better brand out there always, but if you're just lookin to get the job done and aren't looking to buy something because of a brand name or top of the line performance then i dont see why its an issue. Long as you arent clipping and pushing the right amount of watts role with it. My next big amp i get will probably be another kicker or RF or maybe even ppi but im satisfied with my purchase and im sure the OP will be also. TUNE TUNE TUNE and enjoy

you aren't seeing any voltage drop with your stock electrical because your amp isn't outputting enough power to stress the alt. likely due to impedance rise.

YOU ARE WRONG, my brz 1700.1d will pull power from my electrical down to 12.4 on full tilt with dual battery set up, metered at 143db

im sorry, what? you are not azzazel. you do not have azzazel's setup. therefore you have no reason to call me wrong for saying something about his stereo that in no way affects you.

i guess i should congratulate you on having a weak electrical system? i dont know...but your response was unnecessary.

chris, these people wont listen. trust me, i tried to get some knowledge through their skulls. but they'd rather have a cheap amp that doesn't do rated power, and is inefficient as all hell, over something that is built well and does more than rated. how that makes sense is beyond me, but its not my problem if they want to spend more money in the long run on shitty equipment, than to spend a hundred dollars more at first for longer lasting equipment.

im sorry, what? you are not azzazel. you do not have azzazel's setup. therefore you have no reason to call me wrong for saying something about his stereo that in no way affects you.

i guess i should congratulate you on having a weak electrical system? i dont know...but your response was unnecessary.

your one of the guys that if your amp is not made in Korea its not good. i feel sad for you

chris, these people wont listen. trust me, i tried to get some knowledge through their skulls. but they'd rather have a cheap amp that doesn't do rated power, and is inefficient as all hell, over something that is built well and does more than rated. how that makes sense is beyond me, but its not my problem if they want to spend more money in the long run on shitty equipment, than to spend a hundred dollars more at first for longer lasting equipment.

budget budget budget budget a lot of people have budgets,

your one of the guys that if your amp is not made in Korea its not good. i feel sad for you

your attempts of making fun of me are futile. don't blame me for recommending something that has been proven time and time and time again in the lanes and in the daily world to be reliable and fantastic. ask anybody who is serious about competing, or even has a good amount of experience/knowledge, if they would run maxxsonics or audiopipe. five dollars says they would laugh at you for even asking such a question. old hifonics was good, back like 6 years ago. but now its trash.

Archived