TeamHirshAudio Posted February 18, 2013 Author Report Posted February 18, 2013 They are more geared for SPL vs the VVX-8. The Ma-8 is replacing the VVX-8 so you might want to keep that in mind when purchasing them! Would you recommend the vvx or ma for a sq build?
1sickpuppy Posted March 13, 2013 Report Posted March 13, 2013 I have a pair of VVX-8's in a 1.6ish cuf. Ported box tuned to 32hz. I like the sound quality of the sub( accurate/tight bass) and the ability to get low. I have them powered off a Hifonics BXI1610. It's a 1600 rms watt amp but realistically it's probably pushing 1200-1400rms. I have never really pushed them because running close to double the rated rms to them with my "bass knob" a quarter way up is enough for me. Hope this tiny bit of info helps. Kinda late but whatever. My Current Project: 2006 Ford Focus ST HU: Kenwood KDC-X986 Amps: Rockford Fosgate R300-4 Hifonics Brutus BXi 1601D Sub(s): (2) Skar VVX8 want to add 2x Mids/Highs: VXI65 components (front doors), RE Pro 5x7FR (rear doors) Wiring: Big 3 done in Candace 1/0 awg. 1 run from battery to distro-block 1/0 awg. Cadance wire 4 awg Stinger wire from distro-block to amps. Electrical: stock alt. Optima Red Top.
WhiteNastyCharger10 Posted April 1, 2013 Report Posted April 1, 2013 My opinion could potentially be biased.. However since I had them, I know what they can sound like. Had 4 ma 8s on 2500. Tuned down to 32 hz and they got down. Go about .65-.7 cuft^3 per sub and a good size port and you'll be good to go. Skar ftw 2010 Dodge Charger -Team Skar Audio -Team XS Power -Team HiMarc Automotive and Kustoms -A&G Graphics
Slobalt7 Posted April 3, 2013 Report Posted April 3, 2013 Late input but I love mine, I just still haven't put enough power to them. Here is a few pics of my setup, sorry my cam was messing up. And for the record that is 00G OFC... for 300wrms... Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.
Recommended Posts