Second Skin Audio

Sub orientation in a 4th order

sprkn_ranger

Well I just bought a ford ranger, and it only has a single cab so a blow through is in order :D I would go with 12's but there is a tool box that I am strongly considering keeping cause it's pretty useful. There is about 10" of room (height) under the tool box so that kind limits me to 8's, unless I can mount the subs in a horizontal position in a 4th order then I could most likely do 12's. I've never had any experience with a fourth order so I'm not sure if the orientation if the subs makes a difference or not.

Any info is welcome :drinks:

If your port is long enough you can build behind the tool box and extend the port out of the box, but it'd have to be a long ass port LOL

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

If your port is long enough you can build behind the tool box and extend the port out of the box, but it'd have to be a long ass port LOL

LOL Yea I thought about that too but it would be too long I think. I may just ditch the tool box all together but am trying to improvise. Plus the tool box would be a good place for some amps :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well it looks like when a build does happen I'm probably gonna ditch the tool box eventually to build a 4th order with 4 12's. I may do some 8's under the tool box in a 4th order to experiment before I go full bore. If anyone has any input on 4th orders, I'm all ears!

Move the toolbox behind the box? Secure it and hide the amps in

I thought about that but it would look too funny to have the tool box like that. I also contemplated on taking a couple inches out of the depth of the tool box to allow me to fit something a little bigger under it but I'm not sure I want to go as far as modifying it like that. Ill probably just pull it out and sell it to help fund the build.

As long as it works, who cares if it looks a little weird? But it's your choice man. Either way I'm looking forward to vids of the system.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Archived