Sonic Electronix

Ive been in the lime beetle, It is amazing.

The amount of work the brits do to these cars is incredible.

I just gaze at the amount of time they have into a hobby. lol

Amazing, If you ever get the chance to even LOOK at 1 of these cars .. do it.!!!!

Let alone listening to 1.

Both of the beetles from dls over the last couple of years are spectacular, listen to them both, and they will blow your mind.

Very very very trick shit going on there

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

this install is Wow,

But again, its all show....

5" subs in a trunk car aint goin no where

He must really dislike bass, just enough to do some 5"s in the trunk

I just dont see how the lack of cone area would be noticeable enough to be worth all this effort?

And he said he will not do any work like this work other people, so... Iam guessing he is just doing this install to say-

" I have the money to do this, and the skill, now leave me alone"

but none the less, very impressive

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Ive done a 133 legal with 2 of those 5" subs.

You guys do understand that you do not NEED all that bass for sq right?

Actually you hardly will even think there is a woofer in a sq car.

5" woofers not FTL but instead a awesome sounding driver. FTMFW

I can understand why he wouldnt do this for anybody else. Its his hobby, not some job.

its like making model airplanes, its your hobby, you wouldnt spend all that time on 1 and then sell it away.

The finished product is a part of you, so much time goes into some of these cars.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Hi, can't remember if I've posted on here before, but been browsing for a while, I'm tim and I'm from england...

...One thing that I don't get is that a lot of people wouldn't bat an eyelid at an SQ install with 1 sealed 10, yet because it's 4 5" drivers (which have near as dammit the same cone area when added toghether) it's suddenly not up for the job? If you take that surface area and say they each get 75wrms that's like 300wrms, I've heard 10" subs sound excellent off of less than that, just not at 150dB

I'd say it'd be loud enough for what the guy wants, and probably sounds good too, his fabrication skills look amazing and it's very, very nice to look at, I can't see the problem at all.

I'd say it's worth the effort and money just for the way it looks though, bet it sounds good (even if it doesn't drop like eleventy 18"s, and probably isn't the kind of thing I'd normally go for...)

Horses for courses I guess, not my kind of thing (I like BASS) but it'll serve the owners purposes well

Archived