Sonic Electronix

PSI Recone; Excessive gas door flap BMW E90 ANY tricks? *Vid inside*

-Anyone have any ideas on how to contain that?

-If not can anyone point me in a good direction of where to get some decent specs on possibly building a 4th order through the rear deck using 2 12" w7s

-LASTLY if nothing else....can I get some light shed on how to properly port tune a fiber glass enclosure with an aeroport, w7s in a MDF enclosure = ton of weight!

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Saturn Ion Redline - XS Power Batts(S3400/D680) / (1) Optima Yellowtop / (1) Nations Electric 275a Ecotec Alt - (1) W7 12- BMW E90 - (1) 15" "MD Sounds" Konaki reconed by PSI / /(2) Batcaps

Tiny neo magnets work great for that gas lid problem.

You have an example of it being done? ...I think I get what your saying but I'm still unsure of where they would go. Where exactly would you apply them? Thanks for the input.

Saturn Ion Redline - XS Power Batts(S3400/D680) / (1) Optima Yellowtop / (1) Nations Electric 275a Ecotec Alt - (1) W7 12- BMW E90 - (1) 15" "MD Sounds" Konaki reconed by PSI / /(2) Batcaps

Steve used neo mags on the shop towers to attach the top mods/highs box to the sub boxes, they're in the all about Meade section. But I can't recall which page and I'm on mobile. As for the excessive flex, have you deadened anything on that car?? Seems like too much flex and rattle to be deadened. Also how'd you get your amp tuned? Your video seemed a little bass heavy, not that that's a bad thing with us as long as its done right and clean :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Steve used neo mags on the shop towers to attach the top mods/highs box to the sub boxes, they're in the all about Meade section. But I can't recall which page and I'm on mobile. As for the excessive flex, have you deadened anything on that car?? Seems like too much flex and rattle to be deadened. Also how'd you get your amp tuned? Your video seemed a little bass heavy, not that that's a bad thing with us as long as its done right and clean :-)

I havent' deadened the vehicle a bit on that side with (1) layer, it helped a bit. I actually re-did the box to 4-cubes built for the vehicle a bit more then tuned it to 31hz, sounds AMAZING! A lot better than before. The amp is tuned by hear but the gain is down, not using the subsonic and I think I set the LPF cut-off to about 120. Just a super batcapacitor for extra juice.

It is pretty bass heavy for the most part :) I love it, sound pretty good, now that much better. I'll do another vid here soon. That layer around the right side of the trunk really did help a lot though actually. I'm going to add a second layer probably today sometime actually. I'm definitely going to look into those magnets though, they would pretty much solidify the deal for the exccess movement.

Maybe sometime in the summer I will opt to get the entire car deadened, it is pretty stout but as you mentioned, theres only so much you can do with a heavy hitting type of system in a smaller car.

**EDIT** JUST TOASTED THE BRZ2100...dropped the bimmer off for interior upgrades, all went well been about a week and a half, amp just shuts down. Go put everything out, notice the damn bass boost is turned halfway up, the gain almost 3/4 of the way *facepalm* if I've learned one thing about these brutus amps. THEY DO NOT LIKE TO GIVE CLEAN POWER UNDERPOWERED or WITH THAT DAMN BASS BOOST lol...I got a 1200 laying around a BXI 2610d. I guess I'll use one of those.

Bass boost is a nono regardless. DD1 tune and cross it with the CC1

Tell me about it...I need that SMD clip meter, want shit right, gotta do it yourself....Idk why they even touched it.

Archived