Sundown Audio

Can someone help a newbie out?

Sundown is way better than Kicker first off...they are 600w rms so a 1200w amp would be ideal, they can handle more but play it safe...dual 4ohm for both subs to run your amp at 1ohm

you will want to run a ported box for them in order to get the best performance out of them...not a prefab box, build your own enclosure

I call :bsflag: the SD 2 is 500 watt RMS rate http://sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/sd-series.html?category_id=2.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

friday i plan on getting 2 sundown 15 dual 4s installed on a hifonics 2400..ima newbie as well n im using an old box ill be sure to let u know how it works out!

Team CNGraphix

2013 sonata

Dc power 320 alt

3 kinetik 3 shuriken

All knue and sky high wiring

Dd m3b x2

Rockford 1000-4

2 fi sp4 18

4 vo 6.5

4 nendo pwx8

6soundqubed tweets

2 b1 tweets

Pioneer avh4500 hu

Idk I still have all the components but I'm rdy to put it all on eBay I got amps CD players and subs all over my house but all I manage to get are mids and highs :/

Team CNGraphix

2013 sonata

Dc power 320 alt

3 kinetik 3 shuriken

Dd m3b x2

Rockford 1000-4

2 fi sp4 18

4 vo 6.5

4 nendo pwx8

6soundqubed tweets

2 b1 tweets

Pioneer avh4500 hu

Idk I still have all the components but I'm rdy to put it all on eBay I got amps CD players and subs all over my house but all I manage to get are mids and highs :/

I vote that is the fault of the hifonix amp not of the subs ? either that or simple user error... maybe missed connecting a wire completely and it came loose or something? I wouldn't just scrap everything and leave the scene just cuz you hooked up your subs and they didn't do anything, troubleshoot... make a thread asking about it with lots of details and lots of pictures and see if anyone here can help you figure out what happened... it's not the first time someone tried something new and stuff didn't work perfectly the first time.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

They beating now but there skipping beats and sound real scratchy and to make them beat I have to turn it to 55 and set it to loud

Edited by Peyton Cole

Team CNGraphix

2013 sonata

Dc power 320 alt

3 kinetik 3 shuriken

Dd m3b x2

Rockford 1000-4

2 fi sp4 18

4 vo 6.5

4 nendo pwx8

6soundqubed tweets

2 b1 tweets

Pioneer avh4500 hu

They beating now but there skipping beats and sound real scratchy

like I said more than likely either user error or hifonix amp. sounds like maybe it could be a short? if I'm off someone please set me straight, also check the power and ground wires when my subs started doing that my power wire had started to melt and fused to the terminal because of noobish attempt at jerry-rigged wiring... either way the point is it sounds like possibly sporatic power to the subs which to my memory is often caused by a short... look at all your power ground positive and negative wiring on both the amp and the subs and make sure none of them have loose wiring that's touching.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log