Jump to content

Mids and highs help...


mrdavebasshead75

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well I have a pair of pillars I snatched up from the junk yard so I could dabble with those and see how it turns out. For the the PWX6's I bought a pair of dual pods from Customspeakerpods.com to bolt up to my doors, didnt want to fiddle with glassing the doors just yet. So your saying just hold off on adding front fill to the pillars being that the PWX's would be more than enough for what I have? Right now its just the 2 SA 15's but im planning on adding two more for my cpillar wall im doing now. It will be added to my build thread! And the only amp I have right now is a Planet Audio BB4.150 for the PWX6's until I can grab me a 1100 Crescendo!

Posted

if the mids have a good orientation then i dont see you needing much more if any. especially if theyll be on the 1100.2

tweeter wise.. youll be surprised how loud super tweeters get. you might need more but i would take on that when you get to it.

as far as im concerned. you can never have too much bass.. but you can have too much mids and highs lol

Edit: if you never have glassed before id try experimenting with it first. in any application.. doesnt even have to be for your soundsytem.

do it on stuff you dont mind destroying.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Posted

if the mids have a good orientation then i dont see you needing much more if any. especially if theyll be on the 1100.2

tweeter wise.. youll be surprised how loud super tweeters get. you might need more but i would take on that when you get to it.

as far as im concerned. you can never have too much bass.. but you can have too much mids and highs lol

Edit: if you never have glassed before id try experimenting with it first. in any application.. doesnt even have to be for your soundsytem.

do it on stuff you dont mind destroying.

Thanks D-Train and everyone else for the info. Ill just sell the Planet Audio to add cash to get the 1100.4 or equivalent and focus on what I have right now. Like I said the pillars are just laying around so I can practice with those! And I'll also looki into a nice 4" component set just in case! The daytons are nice but lack wattage!!! Lol

Posted

if the mids have a good orientation then i dont see you needing much more if any. especially if theyll be on the 1100.2

tweeter wise.. youll be surprised how loud super tweeters get. you might need more but i would take on that when you get to it.

as far as im concerned. you can never have too much bass.. but you can have too much mids and highs lol

Edit: if you never have glassed before id try experimenting with it first. in any application.. doesnt even have to be for your soundsytem.

do it on stuff you dont mind destroying.

Thanks D-Train and everyone else for the info. Ill just sell the Planet Audio to add cash to get the 1100.4 or equivalent and focus on what I have right now. Like I said the pillars are just laying around so I can practice with those! And I'll also looki into a nice 4" component set just in case! The daytons are nice but lack wattage!!! Lol

buy a small 4 channel for the a pillars if youre gonna put those in there.

i promise you dont want too much flying across your window. itll just give you a headache so dont go overkill.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Posted

if the mids have a good orientation then i dont see you needing much more if any. especially if theyll be on the 1100.2

tweeter wise.. youll be surprised how loud super tweeters get. you might need more but i would take on that when you get to it.

as far as im concerned. you can never have too much bass.. but you can have too much mids and highs lol

Edit: if you never have glassed before id try experimenting with it first. in any application.. doesnt even have to be for your soundsytem.

do it on stuff you dont mind destroying.

Thanks D-Train and everyone else for the info. Ill just sell the Planet Audio to add cash to get the 1100.4 or equivalent and focus on what I have right now. Like I said the pillars are just laying around so I can practice with those! And I'll also looki into a nice 4" component set just in case! The daytons are nice but lack wattage!!! Lol
buy a small 4 channel for the a pillars if youre gonna put those in there.

i promise you dont want too much flying across your window. itll just give you a headache so dont go overkill.

Ive got a Hifonics Onyx4.60 laying around, could I use this?

Posted

you mean mbquart?

and yeah thatd be a good option

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Posted

you mean mbquart?

and yeah thatd be a good option

Duh on my end!! Lol! My bad, im at work and yes, thats what I meant!! Thanks again and ill keep u guys posted!

Posted

Hey D-Train, I just found a nice Kicker Resolution RS4 component system for $110!! Would this be beneficial as an add on for the front fill? Or something to grab for future? Seems like a rare find just from googling.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 876 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...