Need a good SQ 6.5" subwoofer!

EricDoody95

CDT says it can play well below 30hz ... it has an fs of 38hz ... pretty sure the es-06+ can easily play below 50hz

• 4 weeks later...

CDT 06+ all the way. I sell them, install them and have heard them over and over. they take the power (150rms) and sound great all the way down to 30. big thing to remember.... we are talking 6.5" here. don't expect roof flex.

DSC02211.jpg

DSC02210.jpg

30oz magnet and 1.5" VC. I have seen 12" subs over the years that don't carry that weight. 6.8" basket diameter (6.5" true cone diameter) turns a lot of people off. I am bias of course as I am installing a set in my wife's car. I have also heard the DD's and Annihilator (remember them?) 6.5" drivers. they all slam with a good install.

253AudioSports

210-831-6574

• 1 month later...

It depends on the combination of sub and enclosure. I've had my 60 WPC Hybrid Audio i6sw on the end of a Ground Zero amp @1,100 watts. I always aim low not load, however the difference in performance was like night and day. The box on the right is an SQ box, and plays flat up to the volume limit of 50. The box on the left was my 'Naughty box' and shakes my car effectively, but at around 42-43 that's about it's limit.

Of course the i6sw doesn't perform in the same way as my Sundown SA-12, however it does still perform when asked to .. don't worry about that!!

DSCF5149-1.jpg

Archived