Looking for BIG 12" subs that handle 2.5-3K daily

vetkilr01

i've had multiple people tell me that Zv3's, nightshade v2's, mayhems, and lvl 5 m2's all work well in small ported enclosures and are 4th order friendly, can't say the same for DD, AQ, and AB subs since they're all very similar subs.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Lol wtf why do you want a heavy ass 12????

40 pounds or 80 pounds it shouldn't matter. As long as it handles your 2.5-3k right???

Get a 12" mayhem

I think Orion is doin this...hope to see how his goes.

Subs like that shouldn't be used in 4th orders motor force is too great you will blow coils left and right

Explain??? Haven't seen this yet.

The sealed part of the box keeps the suspension from moving with a woofer with so much motor force it causes too much heat in the coil because it isn't moving enough to cool it then Shit melts

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Subs like that shouldn't be used in 4th orders motor force is too great you will blow coils left and right

False. Blowing surrounds is much more likely. I had two TRF 18's in a 4th order with a small sealed section, blew the surround off the cone, reglued and it never happened again.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

False. Blowing surrounds is much more likely. I had two TRF 18's in a 4th order with a small sealed section, blew the surround off the cone, reglued and it never happened again.

May not have happened to you but there is A reason sub manufacturers don't recommend sealed or 4th order boxes for subs with extreme motor force

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

The sealed part of the box keeps the suspension from moving with a woofer with so much motor force it causes too much heat in the coil because it isn't moving enough to cool it then Shit melts

ive had two 15's xls on 4.5k daily in a 4th order forever. ive never had coil problems. threw the cone.. but no blown coils lol

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Motorforce has nothing to do with heat (except higher motor force motors typically have beefy coils and have higher power ratings), if anything motors with higher force would move more and cool more effectively than a small motor in the same enclosure if all other variables were the same (spiders, box, coils, etc)

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

May not have happened to you but there is A reason sub manufacturers don't recommend sealed or 4th order boxes for subs with extreme motor force

ive never been told that. last i talked to rusty about mine he said he wanted to hear it lol.

cody (CJ18) has level 5's in a 4th

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Archived