Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

I just bought a DD 3518


90quattro

Recommended Posts

Posted

18" fired up in a trunk car means epic rattling almost for sure, I would do something where the backseats are.

Posted

Not always ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Posted

If you look at this example picture: http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/06/01/22/59/1993_audi_90_4_dr_cs_quattro_awd_sedan-pic-24986.jpeg , you might see that the trunk lid is in fact quite small/short (and totally covered inside with STP silent coat btw), so most of the enclosure/woofer will be under the rear deck (which really isn´t there) The trunk itself is quite large, so it should go smoothly (eeh...) to fit a 6 cubic feet box.

Unfortunately the gas tank lies on top of the rear axle, so the opening behind the rear seat is very small. Could maybe fit 2 10´s at the most.. So that hole will rather serve as "ventilation" into the cabin.

Not planning to compete with this car, this is most for personal fun. I also have several other cars which I have some " future plans" involving different levels of car audio, such as a -96 Astro Van, -69 VW Beetle, -72 Mini Clubman, not to mention the car above all cars: My 1975 Plymouth Gran Fury ex police car. Very similar to the famous bluesmobile, and with a GIGANTIC trunk..

But that's another story, now we're talking Audi. :)

  • 2 months later...
Posted

Hello, I changed my mind. The 3518 ended up in my -96 Astro van instead, in a 240 liter box, 2x6" aeroports.

Started as an minor upgrade, ended up as a rather big project. Pioneer P99rs head unit , 2xPioneer prs-d 800 hooked up to a pair of Rainbow profi line 6.5`s with Cal 26 tweeters, an ooold Lanzar optidrive 2500 runs a pair of Orion 10" for midbass (one in each front door), 2xOdyssey pc1500, 1xDynaBel BF7501 monoamp for the DD.

Lots of sound deadening, power&speaker cables, fuses etc., hidden under the carpet. The prsd800´s is mounted under the passenger seat, and (most of the) Lanzar under the drivers seat. Sounds quite good, but it needs quite a bit of tuning.

Does anyone have any experience in which way & where to place the sub in an Astro? I have tried sub facing backwards, and forwards, ports up. Box placed right behind the backseat. Both ways had their up´s and down´s, I´ll say, neither sounded optimal.

Should I get some longer power cables, and try to place the box closer to the rear doors? Or should I try sub facing upwards? Sideways?

I know it's just to try the different positions, to find what is best, but any tips would be appreciated. I've started to develop some "listening fatigue", I´m not really sure how it should sound.

  • 11 months later...
Posted

I have 99 town and country that i had some fun with.And i place them firing up with port towards back door/hatch....They are 3 12inch pioneer champ pros and left all seats in the van so under the back seat i placed my amps... also pioneer through out doors dash ext...And p5700dvd as head unit 2 batterys agm deka intimadators mech man 240amp Altogether i have amp on 4 kenwood 5ways at 125rms each on hifonics zeus 500x2 3 12inch wired down to 1.33 on hifonics brutus amp its a 2000.1d in custom box..to be honest man vans are alot of fun and when there done they sound awesome...Saving money up now for 2 18's LOL

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...