Which gun would you buy for a first handgun?

Your wanting a list of carry guns? Or range?

Compact size is what fits me good personally, the Springfield xd 9, and xdm 9 fit nice. Alot of people recommend the smith & Wesson m&p 9c.

I am biased toward this because I just got one, but a glock 19! :)

Really size doesnt bother me when it comes to carry. If they can tell I am carrying then I going to say they are less likely to try something or they are just that stupid. Plus I like have a large capacity.

Just dont go around telling people your rocking hollow points ;)

Yea exactly haha. I was just reading the thread on the stopping power thats pinned in the section, great read. Really showed me that a 9mm really can have just as much stopping power, just need the right ammo

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Your wanting a list of carry guns? Or range?

Compact size is what fits me good personally, the Springfield xd 9, and xdm 9 fit nice. Alot of people recommend the smith & Wesson m&p 9c.

I am biased toward this because I just got one, but a glock 19! :)

Really size doesnt bother me when it comes to carry. If they can tell I am carrying then I going to say they are less likely to try something or they are just that stupid. Plus I like have a large capacity.

Just dont go around telling people your rocking hollow points ;)

Yea exactly haha. I was just reading the thread on the stopping power thats pinned in the section, great read. Really showed me that a 9mm really can have just as much stopping power, just need the right ammo

Never leave home without them! haha Its nice because in the event that you have to defend yourself the round will not penetrate the target to the point where the bullet can harm anything else than the target.

Add:

Sig 2022

Cz 75b

I am liking the look of the CZ 75B and the P-09 Duty as well thanks for the advice I hadnt heard of that company before. Do you own one of those guns?

My brother owns a cz 75b 40. Great gun. Ergonomics, looks, feel, reliability... It hits all the marks

My mom owns a walther p99. Again, fantastic gun. Hits all the marks

My dad owns a glock 23 and a sig 2022 9. The Glock hasn't done anything for me yet. Ergonomics aren't there, and looks as well. When it comes to reliability, we all know....

On the other hand, the sig 2022 was a gun I immediately liked after shooting it. Very accurate and predictable. Sites are nice. Handling it at the counter of the gun store won't do this gun justice.

I own an m&p 9. No complaints yet.

Serviceability of all these guns from

Easiest to hardest:

Glock

P99

Cz75b

M&P 9

If being able to field strip your gun very quickly is something that you are concerned with, the glock and walther take the cake. One handed serviceability with both.

When i turn 21 im gunna buy a glock 19

2012 Ram 3500. HTT 2nd Gen manifold Swap, HTT s465 Turbo, FASS 150, 6" S&B Intake, 5" TBE, RaceMe programmer, 8 inch tip (dumped over axle) 20x12s on 35s, 6 inch lift, Color match & haloed headlights, 30" lightbar flush mounted in bumper.

2 Sundown audio SD-2 12s and a Soundqubed Q1-1200d amp.

2000 s10 xtreme *SOLD*

1zh2yaf-1.png

Add:

Sig 2022

Cz 75b

I am liking the look of the CZ 75B and the P-09 Duty as well thanks for the advice I hadnt heard of that company before. Do you own one of those guns?
My brother owns a cz 75b 40. Great gun. Ergonomics, looks, feel, reliability... It hits all the marks

My dad owns a glock 23 and a sig 2022 9. The Glock hasn't done anything for me yet. Ergonomics aren't there, and looks as well. When it comes to reliability, we all know....

On the other hand, the sig 2022 was a gun I immediately liked after shooting it. Very accurate and predictable. Sites are nice. Handling it at the counter of the gun store won't do this gun justice.

Easiest to hardest:

Glock

P99

Cz75b

M&P 9

If being able to field strip your gun very quickly is something that you are concerned with, the glock and walther take the cake. One handed serviceability with both.

Field strip isnt a huge worry but it is always nice, just incase. Thanks for the advice since you have a wide range of experience. Much appreciated

if you were looking for a small handgun i would go with ruger but otherwise glock

Size doesnt bother me. See i lean towarss glock because ive shot a 9mm, 40, and 45 from them and liked them all but i like having a good amount of experience with other handguns as well. I like the CZ too i need to head up to the dealer real soon. Another reason I am really getting into this is I am buying a house soon and I want some more protection. I want a pistol versus shot gun due to me being to carry it on me

Add:

Sig 2022

Cz 75b

Easiest to hardest:

Glock

P99

Cz75b

M&P 9

Field strip isnt a huge worry but it is always nice, just incase. Thanks for the advice since you have a wide range of experience. Much appreciated
I Still have a lot to learn. It's a work in progress just like audio, but you're on the right track. A little research will ensure that the gun you buy will work for you, whether it's short term or for your kids 50 years down the road.

Truth is, You'll buy a gun and end up shooting another that you'll like a little more. Its a Viscous cycle.

Add:

Sig 2022

Cz 75b

Easiest to hardest:

Glock

P99

Cz75b

M&P 9

I Still have a lot to learn. It's a work in progress just like audio, but you're on the right track.

Truth is, You'll buy a gun and end up shooting another that you'll like a little more. Its a Viscous cycle.

I plan on this being a start to a large collection. I believe in a well armed home

so does no one like the beretta px4 storm? I was just looking at that as my first hand gun.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived