˚Carbons Mugen Si Build log.˚

The problem has been the B-pillar. I would like to do the wall at the B pillar but then I cant fit in the car anymore :P

48w 20d 30h should be around 14 cubes after wood thickness. that should be enough of airspace for them unless you want to build a very efficient/ low tuned wall then id shoot for more air space.

you should have no problem fitting it at that size. double layer front baffle is a must!! double layer everything if you have the money for the extra sheets!!

You shouldnt have to extend into trunk.

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

For sure! I'm planning on upgrading to SP4s in the fall since the 5.0k will be on low gain for the SSDs. I wanna be loud lol

The SP4 18s would tear a single sheet wall apart. I might even go triple on the baffle if I have the space. Planning on doing a center port. A top port wouldnt work due to the leaky sunroof. My old system was 1kw and it would flex the sunroof alot.

adjust your seat to a comfortable driving position maybe put a lil lean on your chair as well just in case your having " one of those day's "

Then make your measurements, build it as far forward as possible!!!! one thing i regret about my last wall was sealing to the window. if you arnt scared to sacrifice your b pillar plastics then seal to the b pillar by glassing to them.

If you can help it do not seal to window!

the farther forward you build it the louder itl be but you cabin res freq will raise so compensate your tune accordingly.

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

The problem has been the B-pillar. I would like to do the wall at the B pillar but then I cant fit in the car anymore :P

time to go on a diet lol

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

time to go on a diet lol

I'm 160lbs lol Civics are just cramped up little cars

For sure! I'm planning on upgrading to SP4s in the fall since the 5.0k will be on low gain for the SSDs. I wanna be loud lol

The SP4 18s would tear a single sheet wall apart. I might even go triple on the baffle if I have the space. Planning on doing a center port. A top port wouldnt work due to the leaky sunroof. My old system was 1kw and it would flex the sunroof alot.

I had 2 psi built hdc3 18"s on 6k on a single layer wall with a double baffle and it did fine, it just had a ton of 3/4" threaded rod in it.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

This is why i didnt start off with an sp4 wall build!! lmao my last wall was just 4 sa 15's so i had single layer everything except front baffle it only did like 48-49 db

now 4 sp4 15's on the other hand is a different level. at least!! double layer everything and 3 layer front baffle

thus il be happy with one for now untill i get my money and building skills right haha

center ports are good. thats what i ran. but if you want numbers go driver port.

You are going to have to find a way to seal your roof because it is going to flex like crazy with so much more cone in a small space!

And if you dont when you get sp4's the lows will break your moonroof lol!! sub is crazy!

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

How the FUCK did I miss a Civic build?

Nice work, nice car, and keep it coming!

SMD_zps84fd99a2.jpg
95 Acura Integra - 5-speed
NFG thumb.gif
Pioneer FH-X700BT
(2) Rockford Fosgate 12" P3
AQ1200d
Rockford Fosgate P1652-S 6.5" components
Rockford Fosgate P1572 5x7"
Rockford Fosgate R400.4

95 Integra Build Here
93 EJ2 Build Here

This is why i didnt start off with an sp4 wall build!! lmao my last wall was just 4 sa 15's so i had single layer everything except front baffle it only did like 48-49 db

now 4 sp4 15's on the other hand is a different level. at least!! double layer everything and 3 layer front baffle

thus il be happy with one for now untill i get my money and building skills right haha

center ports are good. thats what i ran. but if you want numbers go driver port.

You are going to have to find a way to seal your roof because it is going to flex like crazy with so much more cone in a small space!

And if you dont when you get sp4's the lows will break your moonroof lol!! sub is crazy!

Before I had zero deadener. I'm putting alot of faith into the secondskin for the roof.

I figured for my current budget ssds would be perfect! Not really goin for big numbers quite yet ;)

Archived