˚Carbons Mugen Si Build log.˚

When i built my wall the someone told me having a slanted angled back can make you lose sound. Im not sure if it is true because ive honestly never had a wall with a flat 90 degree back.

Only Problem I ran into with an angled back was my port tuning was a lil strange because I had to match the angle of the back wall for my port "2 common wall"

But I guess If you do a 0 common wall port you wont have that problem.

either way that design looks wicked!!

May be more cubes than what you need if you take up the rear deck space.

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

When you wall it are you going to lay the back of the box on the seat frame? Ive heard having a slanted back causes loading issues, may want to try and shim the top of the seat frame/rear deck to get a 90 degree bottom to back.

Build is looking sick tho I plan on walling sp4's once I get more moolahh.

What do you mean by loading issues?

And yes I was planning on having alot of angles in the wall to get all the space I can. Its a small car.

p0LtOU.jpg

Im glad I have a truck, my wall is basically a huge box, that has to suck to build lol

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Yeah, I'm going back n forth on the rear deck as my window is a lot more angled than that crude sketch i made. The 18" SSDs are very cube hungry.

I believe it was 6-10cuft per sub. I have no clue where to start so I'm just going to start making panels in that shape above. Hopefully someone with hefty wall design knowledge will chime in before I dive in too deep.

Thats how mine is, I got a little over 19 cubes after all displacements. Take some measurements and throw them into torres and see how much space you have. My last 2 18" wall was 53w x 20d x 34h and it was 12.6 cubes tuned to 30hz

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

post em up, I can do it

Thank you man. Ill get measurements tomorrow. :drinks:

^ yea thats what im talking about but yea thats nuts that ssd's take 6- 10 cubes per!! my sp4 takes 5cubes but I put it in 6.

Only way is to frame it out and do it. There really is no how to for wall building as every car is different . but If you are going to build it completely from mdf you will save much more space. my first wall I framed out with 2x4's which I later realized.. complete waste of space.

If you build a rectangle box like above 48w 20d 30h if you can fit it would do work!

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

Thumbs up to fellow mac user!!!

Also i glassed my box in 35 degree weather had to keep the car running with heat on, if you mix a tad bit more hardner with your resin "3-5 drops" itl be dry in 12 hours, mine was anyway.

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

Archived