Sundown Audio

Arc Audio?

Johnny248

Does anyone have any experience with Arc Audio? I don't know much about them, but I was over at Car Tunes today taking a look. Specifically the XDi 1000.1 I was looking to replace my Alpine M12 with a pair of these Arc amps to power my 2 Fi SSD10 woofers. The guy at the shop said that they do rated power (of course he will tell me that lol). That's 1150w per woofer compared to the 1200w split between the two right now. Fi rates these at 1000w RMS so I don't *think* there would be a problem with power each woofer with a dedicated amp running at 1150w @ 1 ohm.

What I like about them is the small size that will fit perfectly in my truck that doesn't have a lot of room. If they do 1000w @ 1ohm it would fit what I am trying to do. What I don't like is that they have unbalanced inputs and the remote bass control controls the 18db variable bass boost instead of controlling the actual levels. I also don't like that I don't know too much about them.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

-= J-dUb =-

....no 12 step program can cure my car audio addiction...

Probably pricy especially at retail but good amps

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Probably pricy especially at retail but good amps

Oh yeah, forgot that part. They quoted me $269.00 each when I bought two. Doesn't really sound like a bad price at all it they are as good as they make them out to be.

-= J-dUb =-

from what i have heard from a buddy if mine that has a shop that sells them they are pretty solid. He talks Arc audio up all the time and seems to sell alot of them. Other than here say though i'm not for sure. That doesn't sound like a bad price at all for that.

from what i have heard from a buddy if mine that has a shop that sells them they are pretty solid. He talks Arc audio up all the time and seems to sell alot of them. Other than here say though i'm not for sure. That doesn't sound like a bad price at all for that.

I can't believe the lack of reviews/info on these things on the web. I figured someone has to own one and post their opinions. I'm curious to see what people think of them. It would also be cool to see if they come with a birth certificate and what these are benching at. Also, I can't seem to get a straight answer on a couple of questions. When I contacted the rep at Arc about the bass level control, he basically said that some of their amp's use the bass knob for overall level, and others only control the amount of bass boost at the set freq. He said this amp controls bass boost. Then I just read a review from a mag, and it state that it controls overall level. And I hate to say it, neither the website,brochure, or sale person at the store knew for sure what it does.

My system retains the factory head unit, therefore I've been relying on my Alpines remote level control for subwoofer control. I have no interest in having any bass boost turned on, and especially don't see the use of remotely control the bass boost. It doesn't make much sense to me to not simply have a remote level control. Without such a control, I'd be forced to use some sort of RCA level control from PAC or something. I've seen the distortion these things can add, and am not interested in such a setup unless it was a clean,high end device.

That being said, is anyone familiar with a amp that is similar small size with similar output levels? I don't really know of any. This is the kinda of stuff that drives me crazy, and consumes way to much of my time. I don't buying things like amplifiers and other equipment without knowing what I am getting.

-= J-dUb =-

I use the XDi's in my truck and I have installed many others in customers vehicles. They do rated with ease, Im running the xdi600.1 and its putting out 700rms with no distortion(set with oscilloscope). To answer your question the remote is a gain control. I have ran and installed many different amps and I came to love these due to several reasons...1. Size 2. Sound quality 3. Efficiency

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

I had an xdi 600.1 on two 15s and it pushed em great and never got warm. I just spent a couple days at autorama with them. A buddy has a truck partnered with them and they are willing to work with you on pricing.

I also have their ks components in my front doors and i love them.

Pioneer DEH-9400

Kicker door Speakers

Rockford R400.4

Skar 1500.1

2 DC lvl 2 15s

Archived