Sonic Electronix

Hey I am New to this site and I have been floating around the forums and reading as much as I can. I currently have a 78 Chevy C10 and there is not much room for a big system but I still want it to sound good and have a some bass but right now it sounds like crap to me so I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on what they think I should change or add. I will post some pics of the truck and here is a list of what is in it now:

Alpine CDA 9884 Head unit

JL Audio 500/5

8" Kicker Comps

6x9 Infinity

6 1/2 Infinity

I am open to building some crazy door panels but I know I will need to add a amp and not sure if I should switch all the system.

truck121_zps35ebf0cc.jpgtruck118_zps10db7ea1.jpgtruck119_zpsb8cc5c37.jpgtruck120_zps707492c2.jpgDSC01823_zpse2828fd9.jpg

I like what you did to it so far with the carpeting and stuff. I'm a little curious to see what people say on this I haven't really worried to much with trying to get space friendly stuff lol I'm a go big or go home kinda guy but I'm always interested in learning about other stuff and I wouldn't mind seeing what you do with the suggestions later too cuz so far looks like you know what you're doin as far as fabrication at least

edit - one thing I will say though looks like under the mesh your speakers are coax? couldn't hurt to look into splitting that up into some component speakers

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

It looks good man.  Put it in the rides & builds forum!

edit:  If it were my truck, i'd throw a cover over the back and put a box back there and cut a hole in your cab.  4 12's or something along the lines would be badass in that truck!

-playing with different setups

Thanks everyone...The only reason I'm not open yet into cutting into the bed area is I am going to Z the frame and lay it to the ground this summer and I will have to raise the bed floor. So for now its on hold.

Components will sound so much better than coaxials and ballin truck btw

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

the interior is tweed right?

how big is the box? cubic feet per sub and how much depth do you have to mount the subs?

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Archived