Would you do this?

Well, as I just found out that the amplifier that I was going to get is all sold out and won't be in until sometime next month, and the alternator I would like takes a 2 week lead build time. I would wait for the amp to come in and I would also wait to get the alternator in but I can't. I am moving down to Tennessee in late March I believe march 22nd or somewhere around that time. I have been telling my friends that I would get a new system before I leave for TN and never see them again. But after that something happened and it almost got me out of car audio all together. Now I have a super motive to get this bass system in at all costs in my vehicle. My new system consists of this: Two skar 1500's and 2 Skar ZVX 15's and 2 Deka Intimdator 9A34 marine batteries, after I move down to TN I am getting a Skar 125.4, and the new H.O alternator. My question is this, would this just bass system that consists of two skar 1500's and 2 skar ZVX 15's be okay to demo on just a stock alternator with 2 aftermarket batteries? The system until I move will only be for demoing and daily driving never turned up all the way, perhaps only on demos. Would you strap the 2 amplifiers or would you keep it one amp per sub? I have both a dd-1 and cc-1 so I can gain match and I can set gains, even if I don't know how to gain match, how hard could it be with a cc-1? I plan on getting a 4500.1 from skar once it comes back into stock but that won't be quite some time. I also plan on wiring down to 1 ohm when I get the 4500.1, I also intend to either wire down to 2 ohm for strapped power, or should I just wire both subs to 1 ohm and run one amp to each sub?

What would you do?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Anyone please comment.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Damn, No one?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Well, as I just found out that the amplifier that I was going to get is all sold out and won't be in until sometime next month, and the alternator I would like takes a 2 week lead build time. I would wait for the amp to come in and I would also wait to get the alternator in but I can't. I am moving down to Tennessee in late March I believe march 22nd or somewhere around that time. I have been telling my friends that I would get a new system before I leave for TN and never see them again. But after that something happened and it almost got me out of car audio all together. Now I have a super motive to get this bass system in at all costs in my vehicle. My new system consists of this: Two skar 1500's and 2 Skar ZVX 15's and 2 Deka Intimdator 9A34 marine batteries, after I move down to TN I am getting a Skar 125.4, and the new H.O alternator. My question is this, would this just bass system that consists of two skar 1500's and 2 skar ZVX 15's be okay to demo on just a stock alternator with 2 aftermarket batteries? The system until I move will only be for demoing and daily driving never turned up all the way, perhaps only on demos. Would you strap the 2 amplifiers or would you keep it one amp per sub? I have both a dd-1 and cc-1 so I can gain match and I can set gains, even if I don't know how to gain match, how hard could it be with a cc-1? I plan on getting a 4500.1 from skar once it comes back into stock but that won't be quite some time. I also plan on wiring down to 1 ohm when I get the 4500.1, I also intend to either wire down to 2 ohm for strapped power, or should I just wire both subs to 1 ohm and run one amp to each sub?

What would you do?

ok thats a pretty big wall of text but im going to try and tackle this.

You're setup will probably suck for demo'ing. unless you keep them short. those batteries are only 50AH. Some ppl say AH doesnt matter etc. bottom line though you NEED an alternator. You might get away with it if you have a decent OEM alt but its unlikely.

Yes strap the 2 amps IF they are the same. The whole reason why amps are strappable nowadays is so that you dont have to gain match.

As for the bottom half im not exactly sure what you are asking. Just so I am getting this right.. When you get the 4500 you will be strapping at 2 ohm with what other amp? is there a second 4500 in the mix?

Sorry, At the end it got a little confusing. After the 4500 returns in stock I will be getting one after my funds are replenished but I wont be getting it for a long time down the road. I plan to wire both subs to 1 ohm or .5 ohms depending on the style voice coil I get. I am getting the 1500's for now but my question is: Should I strap them together or should I wire each sub to 1 ohm and run 1 amp to each subwoofer.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

OP... for that money I would just put up a bit more and go with the Nendos BC2000d..... 2 of those strapped are better than the skars AND more power to boot... on top of that you would not really need to upgrade to a 4500 because you wouldn't even notice a difference in output on that level.... Catch my drift??? spend an extra $60 now and save $500 later for something else....

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I don't know if the alternator would be able to handle that much power. But I am upgrading to a 250A singer alternator.

Edit: 300th post! yay.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I don't know if the alternator would be able to handle that much power. But I am upgrading to a 250A singer alternator.

soooo... here is the result.... BUY 1 Nendo BC2000d now .... Then go with a second later on after the electrical upgrades are done.... OK?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I got a pretty good deal on the equipment so I'll probably stay with skar.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

soooo... here is the result.... BUY 1 Nendo BC2000d now .... Then go with a second later on after the electrical upgrades are done.... OK?

Good advice here

Archived