Sonic Electronix

Where I live every single car has to have a state mandated setup that surpasses at least 144 dbs, every vehicle including state issued public transportation has a 4th order with an SMD sticker on the rear windshield..

lol...yea where I live sucks we have two shops in our area and one is ran by a fat fuck who buys things way below cost and charges 2X more than anyone and the other is ran by these damn RETARDS who know absolutely close to nothing. Last week I walked in there to see what they we're doing to this dodge charger, and I hear the ass clown working on the car looking under the hood say "wheres the battery, did you take it out?"

hahahahhahaahahhahahahaha. i know exactly who you are talking about. soooo sooooo true

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

This is a fascinating thread to read. I bought my first system right after buying my first new car (a 1993 Honda Civic). I maxed out a $1300 credit card and bought the best system I could for the money. Stock mids and highs powered by the 25x4 head unit and a pair of Orion 8" subs in a prefab bandpass box powered by an Orion amp. I thought it was the loudest system on earth. I also bought an IBP CD that was at the register, and that's when I got hooked on Miami bass. I bet to this day I have one of the most comprehensive collections of miami bass music out there.

We eventually needed a bigger car, and moved to a 1996 Eagle Vision (like the Dodge Intrepid). That's when I bought my first and only 15" sub. After moving from Florida to Nebraska, I found myself seemingly alone in my passion for car audio, as there weren't many big builds like there were in Florida. I found a local shop and did the usual small-scale upgrades, and never lost the love of the hobby. As I got older and money became easier to come by, I got more and more into it. If this forum had existed back in 1993 I'm sure I would have progressed more rapidly. Truth is, the scene has gotten more and more underground since the glory days of the 90's, but it doesn't have to stay that way.

Every stereo shop i walk into has walls and walls of head units, prefab boxes, car alarm displays, rims, and HID's. What they SHOULD have are demo vehicles. Imagine walking into your local Ford or Chevy dealership, and having the showroom cars all customized with high quality, SPL or SQ vehicles. When you walk into a Ford dealership looking for a Mustang, and you see the Boss 302 or GT500 on the showroom floor, you can't help but be enticed to look, maybe even to sit in it. You start it up, hear the engine, and think to yourself "I HAVE to have this".

I got a demo from Steve last year...my first taste of what loud/clean is all about. All I could think was "I HAVE to have this".

Show me a HID, I'll buy an HID. Show me a 155+db customized monster, or a audiophile quality SQ install, and I'll be tempted to fork over the money. It's up to the storefronts to fork over the cash to make this happen, and money trumps everything. If remote starts are the better revenue generator, it makes sense to go that way. If I ever decide to start a business, it'll be in car audio, and I know what I'll be showcasing...

Where you at in Wisconsin Need Bass?

Where you at in Chi? I grew up on Southport and Fullerton

I live in the northwest burbs now. Rolling meadows; was Arlington heights till last year. It makes it easier for everyone when I say Chicago. lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

All these people from Wisconsin on this thread haha. My sister just moved to Chicago a week ago and seems to love it. I'll be coming up there from Arkansas this summer some time. Maybe I will get to see a different way of car audio up there.... Or just sit in her apartment because she has no idea where anything is yet.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Pawn shop has a neon sign that says. "its car audio time" or some shit.... I couldn't read it to well over the 25 ft snow bank in front of it

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Archived