Badass 8 picture. Plan for new build. Hammer's budget fun.

Finishing my Enclosure  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How I should finish my enclosure, allowing multiple choice, please pick two max please.

• Fur
    • Bedliner, Trunk coating Black
    • Vinyl (black/gray)
    • Carpet
    • Splatter paint
    • Wood Veneer, wood vinyl (Pita due to box size/dims)

Getting the baffle cut is time consuming, three cuts with a 1/2" straight cut bit on each hole. Still have to cut the sub cutout on the second baffle, but can't until next week. Anyways here is the baffle. Tight fit. Im doing sub forward, and two square ports, one in each back corner firing up. Anyways only took a few pics.

temporary_zpsf6530924.jpg

Here are all the pieces eventually going into the enclosure, there are some there just for bracing that will have several large holes cut, and a double baffle. Used 2 sheets of MDF to get all the cuts, probably have about 1 1/2 actually being used.

temporary_zps6ac45008.jpg

Here is a test fit of the bottom, I'm building outside of my truck and then installing it. YES it will fit. Dims are 14h x 52w x 26d.

temporary_zps2e5d734c.jpg

baffle is coming along nicely BTW

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Getting the baffle cut is time consuming, three cuts with a 1/2" straight cut bit on each hole. Still have to cut the sub cutout on the second baffle, but can't until next week. Anyways here is the baffle. Tight fit. Im doing sub forward, and two square ports, one in each back corner firing up. Anyways only took a few pics.

temporary_zpsf6530924.jpg

Here are all the pieces eventually going into the enclosure, there are some there just for bracing that will have several large holes cut, and a double baffle. Used 2 sheets of MDF to get all the cuts, probably have about 1 1/2 actually being used.

Here is a test fit of the bottom, I'm building outside of my truck and then installing it. YES it will fit. Dims are 14h x 52w x 26d.

baffle is coming along nicely BTW

Thanks, I jacked up on the top one. I still have to do the second baffle that goes behind it. Cutting all those is time consuming, took about 6 passes total on each one to do the flush mount and cutout,24 passes total, router was not happy lol. The other baffle will take 8 passes just for the cutout

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Poll IS UP.. lemme know what you think.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I am in for the laminate, been looking for somebody to do it, maybe do the inside of the port, the visisble part if something else wins...lol

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Oh shit lol. Thats too crazy for me. My gf would smack me upside the head.

Whipped! :lol:

Lolz, yes I am, slightly, but I like getting whipped. So the box is almost assembled, about 2/3 way done. I need to do the cutout on the top for the ports and add bracing, then build the ports. I have so much wood that it seems like a waste to buy aero ports when I could do about the same with square ports rounded over.

The poll looks like Fur is the winner. I'll leave it another day but I'm already starting to look at some lol.

Im posting pics in a sec, just waiting for them to upload from my phone. Also have a pic of the tweets I will be using for a little until I can buy some Seleniums. Got them from a friend, pioneer super tweets. if they sound good enough then I will leave them, but something tells me they are going to be way too much lol.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Not part of my build, but something else I'm working on at the same time. Some simple FullRange PC speakers for my stepdad for fathers day. Dayton 3.5" fullragne neos and 1" port tuned to about 60hz. All 1/2" mdf. Im going to start building these sometime this weekend. Should be fun little build.

pcspeakers_zpsc19c22fa.png

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Double baffle coming together.

temporary_zpsd05dd9d8.jpg

Had to trim the top and bottom 3/4" inch, now the subs don't fit by about 1/8" on top and bottom edge, but I have an idea on how to fix it.

temporary_zps0884267f.jpg

Coming together finally, feels good to actually get stuff done during my day.

Disassembled from dry fit to glue it up.

temporary_zps3e5d91e0.jpg

Gluing it up, did not do the top because I ran out of time and I need to do two square cuts in the back corners for the two ports. That is what I have to do next..

temporary_zpsf1ee4f08.jpg

Test fit with the top on. I haven't bolted it down yet, but it is back there and fits well. Little tall but it is as short as I could make it.

temporary_zps89a40f33.jpg

My temporary tweets.

temporary_zps27fa3f00.jpg

Thats all I have for now. I doubt many more people will vote on my poll, so it will be closed sometime tomorrow.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived