Featured Box Build! Thumpers Enclosure Build Log Pics

Nice reply...... nothing like being Kicked in the Nuts when I am down...thanx appreciate it

I made a reply in my section on the SSA forums about the four owed enclosures I have half built

or on blueprint from before I ended up in the hospital

Link..... http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/44130-health-update/

(Yes I am MUCH better for those who care)

I will how ever (after reading this) make shure you are the very last one I pay off out of the four

anyways...it is what it is and I'm getting back into things by starting with the door pods for the

Dodge Dakota with the 15" Xcon Hybrid Horn wall....the Diamond Audio components I showed earlier

before I was interupted by a stubborn Kidney

will be back with more pics soon

i understand that your sick but when i stoped getting responses back i figured you were trying to burn me, you have to look at it from my shoes. all in all glad your healthy!

Mr%20Mcnasty510.png

Chrysler 300 on 24's

(2) audioque 2200d's [subs]

(1) audioque 4x90 [highs/mids]

(2) 12" DC audio level 4xl's

(2) xspower D3100's

Iraggi 320 amp alt

Big 3, 2 runs of 1/0 guage

Box 4 cft tuned to 30hz

wow man ive gone through the first 4 pages and every box ive seen so far has made me want to find some one with a table saw and practice. looks like u got some real good skills

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

here is some buld pics for an enclosure for

a RF T212D4...built to RF's Powerfull Enclosure

specks (2.25cf3 plus sub,port,corner displacement)

and tuned at 32hz

I hate MDF dust...had a lung infection from the stuff

last spring so I don't take any chances anymore

549281_1006_full.jpg

549281_1007_full.jpg

one of the little tweeks I have been working on....

it will all make sense in the end

549281_1010_full.jpg

no 90* edges..all 45* and will be sanded perfectly smooth

549281_1015_full.jpg

549281_1012_full.jpg

549281_1013_full.jpg

549281_1014_full.jpg

beautifull.... lol.

how do you make kerfs? if thats what the rounded port part is..

• 1 month later...

a 15" "common chamber" is $275 plus shipping

a 15" common chamber is as big as I can go

I can not ship a 15" "seperate chamber" enclosure because of the weight..it exceeds the 150lb

limit for my Fedex Ground account

I have been looking at the boxes you have built and I must say, VERY nice craftsmanship (with the pictures as a reference that is).

You made a comment on the first post about MDF dust... and now mentioning weight... You should consider Birch on a future enclosure, will keep weight down, as well as being a stronger enclosure. I started doing Birch in 1994 and I have loved it since. A couple shops I worked at used MDF b/c it's the norm and it's cheaper, but the dust will kill you.

ok... when I posted this about 40 minutes ago I didn't realize that there were 26 pages and hadn't seen alot of boxes yet. I see you do a lot of kerf ports, nice work, not something that can be done with birch very easily. hahaha...

:)

Again, GREAT craftsmanship.

WOW that box is so clean. I wish i knew how to make boxs like that. How do people make a Kerf port? and what does it benefit? Or looks? lol

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

a 15" "common chamber" is $275 plus shipping

a 15" common chamber is as big as I can go

I can not ship a 15" "seperate chamber" enclosure because of the weight..it exceeds the 150lb

limit for my Fedex Ground account

I have been looking at the boxes you have built and I must say, VERY nice craftsmanship (with the pictures as a reference that is).

You made a comment on the first post about MDF dust... and now mentioning weight... You should consider Birch on a future enclosure, will keep weight down, as well as being a stronger enclosure. I started doing Birch in 1994 and I have loved it since. A couple shops I worked at used MDF b/c it's the norm and it's cheaper, but the dust will kill you.

ok... when I posted this about 40 minutes ago I didn't realize that there were 26 pages and hadn't seen alot of boxes yet. I see you do a lot of kerf ports, nice work, not something that can be done with birch very easily. hahaha...

:)

Again, GREAT craftsmanship.

I have done alot of projects with Birch in the past but most don"t want the extra $$$ expense

most people want it built as cheep as possible...Kerfs work very well with Birch if done right......

I"ll be using Birch for my personal enclosure once I get some spare time after my weld training upgrading

( preasure ticket for natural gas pipeline )

Archived