Mechman Alternators

My new Mechman Alt installed!

Since this new alternator, i've had a squeal in my speakers, what could i do to remedy this?

Make sure ALL of your grounds are clean and tight

Okay, could a long ground wire for the radio cause this problem? No speakers are run directly from my radio, they are all amped. I will have to take out my false trunk to check everything, won't be done for a few weeks, so i will post back then.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

It's early, so I may have missed it, but is your big 3 done, and if so, is it done right? I've seen so many people post up their big 3 work and there is no ground running to the alternator casing.

As said previously, double check all of your grounds.

How long is the ground on your HU? A foot or so it shouldn't be a problem if its grounded somewhere good.

Edited by FunkyExpedition

Hello,

noise is mostly produced by a bad ground or high frequent noises from the alternator.

Have you a additional ground on your alternator? Your bracket doesnt look like in best condition. Have you done the big 3? Can you test a other ground point for your amplifiers? Or a direct connection to batterys negative?

Best regards and good luck

Mercedes-Benz SLK 230

Pioneer P99 | Helix DSP Pro | DLS Scandinavia 6/2 | Audison Thesis MT 3.0 | Micro Precision Z-28MKII | Hertz Mille 2500.3 | Steg K4.02 | Steg K2.03 | 2x Steg K2.02 | Optima YT 3,7 & 2,7 | Helix DPC | Brax IPC | Stinger HPM | Audison Sonus | Big 5 | 0 & 2 Gauge |

Since this new alternator, i've had a squeal in my speakers, what could i do to remedy this?

Okay, could a long ground wire for the radio cause this problem? No speakers are run directly from my radio, they are all amped. I will have to take out my false trunk to check everything, won't be done for a few weeks, so i will post back then.

Not likely.. I would most defiantly have a dedicated ground coming from a clean surface or from the lower alt bolt going to the battery

Not likely.. I would most defiantly have a dedicated ground coming from a clean surface or from the lower alt bolt going to the battery

i see...i wish i had known about this before, working around that alt is not fun :P thanks for the help though, i will get a dedicated ground from the alt to somewhere nice.

Hello,

noise is mostly produced by a bad ground or high frequent noises from the alternator.

Have you a additional ground on your alternator? Your bracket doesnt look like in best condition. Have you done the big 3? Can you test a other ground point for your amplifiers? Or a direct connection to batterys negative?

Best regards and good luck

no additional ground to the alt. =/ My bracket isn't pretty, but i assure you it is very sturdy.

Yes the big 3 is done, and within the next month i will be doubling the wire on it.

My rear battery has a nice 0 gauge ground and the Amps are grounded to the battery.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Not on the positive post, that's for sure.

Use a bolt on the casing.

okay, well since there are no posts made for it on the casing, i doubt i will be able to fit any 0 gauge on there. what size wire should i aim for a ground?

Not on the positive post, that's for sure.

Use a bolt on the casing.

okay, well since there are no posts made for it on the casing, i doubt i will be able to fit any 0 gauge on there. what size wire should i aim for a ground?

same size as the power wire. 1/0. always 1/0.

Edited by Kranny