need help wiring a master switch

pretty soon i want to add in a switch that will turn on my head unit without having the keys in the ignition. i need some help figuring out how to wire it. what is needed to turn the head unit on? is there one wire that just needs power to turn it on or is it more complex than that?

fuse close to the battery. Don't bash away at your music with the car off and then later wonder why your batteries / alt dont work right anymore .

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

i don't plan to go crazy with the car off. i mostly just want some casual volume music while i'm camping or just simply hanging out somewhere. also the biggest appeal of the switch to me is that it will be my anti DUI switch. the cops around here don't like me and keep trying (and failing) to bust me for marijuana dui. i am a medical marijuana patient and i smoke only in my car, even if i'm at home. that is totally legal as long as the keys aren't in the ignition. so being able to have my stereo on while blazing and not having to worry about if the cops pull up is a huge comfort. i would hate for them to nail me when i'm sitting in my car with no intention of driving just because my keys are in the ignition for music.

Archived