Sonic Electronix

Re Mt Posible Recone Needed?

Well i just got my two 15" MT's that i bough from Rays hummer build. Everything is good, all the coils measure 2 ohms. But for some reason, on both woofers when i press down on the cone i some times hear a scratching noise. Is it because im not pressing down evenly? Im not pressing hard at all i just wanted to "test" the coils to see if the scracthed and it seems like they do. Will this be a problem? Ray saided he reconed them about a month ago and the coild to all read 2 ohms. I bough 18" mt from him brand new, still never used it, and it does not make the noise at all. Will this need reconed again? Thanks guys

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

They didnt make noise in the hummer on power.

My 18's did it once and awhile

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Check the dust cap real good, I had mine seperate from the woofer twice, once when they were mt's and once when they got reconed to fi's. Ca glue will fix it right up, IF that is the issue.

If you get a recone, I recommend getting FI to recone it. I gained over 1.5 db's reconing it from mt to fi btl

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Archived