Guv Posted March 5, 2013 Report Posted March 5, 2013 Hey guys i recently picked up a DD 9512. I've done some research and have seen that these subs don't need a low tuning box to play lows well. So I was thinking about a 32-34 hz tuning. I listen to decaf so I was wanting to play pretty low. For now this sub will be seeing about 1200 watts from a DC 2.0k at 2 ohms. My max dimensions im working with are 30x35x16 (LWH). any input on something different or enclosure designs would be appreciated. Thanks
Joe X Posted March 5, 2013 Report Posted March 5, 2013 So here is a suggestion: Enclosure Specifications:Fb = 35 HzVb = 2.7 ft^3External Height = 16 inExternal Width = 30 inExternal Depth = 17.375 inPort Width = 2 3/4 inCut Sheet List:* All Dimensions in Inches.* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.External Enclosure Parts:2 x Front & Back (3 parts) = 30 x 16Left & Right Sides = 15 1/8 x 14 1/2Top & Bottom = 30 x 15 1/8L Port Internal Assembly Parts:Front to Back = 12 3/8 x 14 1/2Extension = 8 1/8 x 14 1/2 Assembly guide (generic dimensions): Important notes:- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know.- All trunk boxes built outside the car need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.- The port needs 2 3/4" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.
Guv Posted March 5, 2013 Author Report Posted March 5, 2013 BOOM Joe X to save the day Yea he gave me my first box design that Im very happy with so I know this one wont dissapoint. Your 'box' is awesome haha.
purplesyrup Posted March 5, 2013 Report Posted March 5, 2013 BOOM Joe X to save the day Yea he gave me my first box design that Im very happy with so I know this one wont dissapoint. Your 'box' is awesome haha. lol, thanks man, its 'barrel' of fun. lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.