Sonic Electronix

ok i know this is goin to sound completely noobish, but ive been thinking something and i cant seem to come up with the answer ok i know if you have 2 dvc 2 ohm subwoofers they can run at .5 ,2 and 8 ohms. what i was tryin to figure out is if you have a bridgeable 1ohm stable amp, and you wire both the subs to it seperately and not in series or paralell. does that force it to run them both on 1 ohm, or is it still 2 ohms because thats what its capable of without being bridged. and if it does force it to 1 ohm does it split the output of that 1 ohm or does it force the amp to work twice as hard to push both subs at the rated rms at 1 ohm

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

You said bridging then your amp is a 2 channel and not a mono block. In this case if you wired it to each channel you'll either get a 1ohm or 4 ohm load depending on how you wire the coils togethers per channel.

Now if your saying bridging and you have a mono block amp and think keeping it seperate because there is two seperate speaker inputs that is were your mistaken. Depending on the manufacture they sometimes give you this option so you can parellel the subs on the amp instead of jumping wires between the two woofers. So if you were to hook up left and right, its mono, so there is only one channel so the two are combined internally therefore giving either a .5 or 2ohm load depending on how you wire your woofers.

well thats the question i was asking. i wasnt sure how it would take the load. my friend has this setup and he has a 1 ohm stable amp and he has one sub wired to one speaker out and the other to the other set. which from what youre sayin would make it .5 ohms then. so how long would this setup even last cause hes had it like this for a while now with no problems.and does it pull more power if its actually holdin up this way

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Archived