Second Skin Audio

What's The Minimum Port Area?

Aruman

Hey guys, yes, what's minimum port area i can use for 4x RE SX 12" in 8ft^3 tuned at 33hz that will sound good? I was thinking of 54in^2 of port area (6x9 )I know it's small but i've seen some car that have small port area and sound good like Steve Meade Tahoe i remember that he had like 20ft^3 and 120in^2 of port for his 4x 18" and that's like 6in^2 for every 1ft^3, and mine is like 6.75in^2, now what do you guys think, will it be ok or bad for the SPL and Port Noise?

the 4x SX 12" I'm planning to power them with 2x USAmps MD-3D, now how you guys compare this sound with 4x DD3512e power by 2x DD Audio M3? In both SPL and SQ will the SX's be close, or will the SX's win or will the DD's destroy them.

Should i go with the DD's or the SX is a good choice?

Anyways thanks,

Aruman.

Shaking The Neighborhood.

umm dd will meter louder and the re should sound better, but the dd will sound good no doubt

about steve, ya, hes a mad scientist so i dont know how that hoe is so loud but it is and it works for him... but those are btls and im guessing his are suited for that exact purpose, to be in a small enclosure with little port

the sx's are good no doubt but the dd3500 series will be louder on the meter

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived