Second Skin Audio

Should i build my own?

Should i attempt to build my own box or pay one of the locals around here to build it?

i'm going to be doing 2x 18's in a box built inside a corolla in place of the back-seat.

As someone who has never built a box before but has the tools at his disposal...what are opinions?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

do it yourself if you have the tools. Maybe get help on a design, but I'd build it yourself if I were you. Just take your time and don't rush it. You'll learn a lot about your skills and your car by taking a project like that on. You are planning on a wall type of setup right? not just mounted in place of the rear seat? Trunk will need to be completely sealed off from cabin if you do a build like this.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Trunk has be completely sealed off thanks to my dad having excessive amounts of extra caulking laying around at my disposal. It will be a box not a wall for 90% sure.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

are you asking if it will be ported? the box will be 12 cubic ft. not optimal, but it should be enough.

are you asking if it will be ported? the box will be 12 cubic ft. not optimal, but it should be enough.

i hope thats net and not gross,

if it gross your really gonna be pushing it as thats somewhere in the low/mid 10's net with aero ports and even less with slot

then you have to fit the subs side by side(both face fwd) and the ports, because if they face each other the box will be even smaller

i think if spl is what your chassing you may be better off with 2 or 3x 15

Gross volume is 16 cubes.

the plan is to mount the sub facing up and the port facing forwards. Hopefully a big ol' slot port.

I doubt this car will EVER get metered. My goal is to just move as much air as possible.

Archived