Second Skin Audio

T-Line

beaker

Is there any benifit to using a full wave or half wave T-Line?

That being said I'm trying to build one for a Boston Acoustics G2 D4 for a Home theater. The box will be the platform for the second row seating.

It can be 14 ft wide, and has to be ported on the right side Front and left side are out, because of seats/wall. I probably have about 40-50 cubic feet to work with.

Box will be made with birch, or exterior grade 1 inch pine ply. Going to try to double it up to reduce box flex.

Google sketch anyone?

EDIT - Its the 15inch Boston.

Do you want a full wave or half wave?? Or were you just asking what advantages or dissadvantages there are? Also do you have other dimensions to work with..height since its for your seating? Width length...and what face do you want the sub on? You give me dimensions I can do a sketchup for you with measurements...i don't care about the laptop either.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I was asking if it makes a difference if its full or half wave.

18 inches is about max height, I'll take some other mesurements when I get home.

Ok cool...If you have measurements..plus know what you want I can do a sketchup. Im not sure on benefits or downfalls of half vs. full wave design. I have done several 1/4 waves in my truck...but never ventured farther than that.. I don't have the room.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

free laptop? Whaaaa?!

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Mids/Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate 120.2

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

Are the calculations for a 1/2wave for full wave similar to 1/4 wave? like for 1/4 wave its 1130/(frequency desired) then by 4. so 1130/(example 25hz) = 45.2 45.2/4 = 11.3

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I think so, I thats part of the reason I was asking. I know on average a 15 uses about 15 cuft, which is actually what the sub is in now, ported down to 20hz.

12ft x 7ft x 16 inches is what you have to work with, and the box doesnt have to use all of that space, but the platform will be that big. leave some room to re-inforce with 2x4s

Archived