Help me pick my LoC

And your SUB signal is where the DD1 sees distortion and no signal?

The DD1 can also be a wicked good trouble shooting tool...

See where im going here?

DD1 shows distortion wherever i test from. Straight from the loc on the rca's shows distortion. Using search here on the forums shows that alot of cheaper locs produce a dirty signal no matter what.

I would probably just blame the Scoshe unit. Friend of mine had a Scoshe RF transmitter for his ipod. Tried on my system that was tuned with the dd-1 and it was distorted all to hell and back.

I could still be some other issue like some strange processing your factory headunit is doing.

I tested a couple scosche loc's and they didn't get a signal and distorted right away. Iirc audiofanaticz tested one too and got the same problem. I got rid of the cheap loc's and got me the lc6i and that one gets a clean signal and sounds way better.

I tested a couple scosche loc's and they didn't get a signal and distorted right away. Iirc audiofanaticz tested one too and got the same problem. I got rid of the cheap loc's and got me the lc6i and that one gets a clean signal and sounds way better.

Looks like audiocontrol here i come!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know I'm waking a an old thread. I am about to buy and install an Audiocontrol LC6i. The question I have is how do you run a subwoofer if the factory head unit does not have a factory subwoofer? Is an additional crossover needed?

I guess a $70 Pioneer HU will outperform in every way a junk stock head unit with whatever you place after it even if it's nice and expensive.

Archived