well the cougar i just got is going under the knife for a minute. started out with a sensor problem, then started slippin. so im gettin the tranny rebuilt with a shift kit and cooler for 900 bucks

does anyone have any other sugestions that should be done with the car while the tranny is down?

the hell with a turbo give me a bottle

Nice, what are looking to do just keep it running or push it to more of the performance side? Id say go with some gears in the back, 4.10's if youve got an auto, 373's if your running stick. Simple bolt ons always help such as headers, cat backs and cold air kits, what year cougar is it?

Nice, what are looking to do just keep it running or push it to more of the performance side? Id say go with some gears in the back, 4.10's if youve got an auto, 373's if your running stick. Simple bolt ons always help such as headers, cat backs and cold air kits, what year cougar is it?

im lookin to do both keep it running but when it breaks upgrade it thats why thers a shift kit goin in it ryt now plus the tranny cooler

its a 94 cougar

r ther any cars that i might want to look at in the junk yards for a 4.10 gear set im not sure if they r still available in newer cars but i know they were used alot in older cars but i dont knwo which ones

which cars were they most commonly used?

mass air flow meters? were they both the same in the cougars and thunder birds ? mabe throttle bodys were they larger smaller or same size in the birds? i dont know im kinda lookin at junk yard hop ups lol im kickin the shit out of my wallet doing this tranny i knwo my way around a car but i dont know the differences between the birds and the cougars other then the obvious

the hell with a turbo give me a bottle

well the cougar i just got is going under the knife for a minute. started out with a sensor problem, then started slippin. so im gettin the tranny rebuilt with a shift kit and cooler for 900 bucks

does anyone have any other sugestions that should be done with the car while the tranny is down?

Clean and paint the engine bay, check your motor mounts and change them if they are worn. That is what I did when i rebuilt my tranny.

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder