Second Skin Audio

Underpowering 2 Subs

Cboeger

I'll add that you can clip the output all you want as long as you do not go over the subs maximum power handling. . .

The actual clipping does not hurt the speaker - the additional average power of a clipped sine wave is what hurts the speaker. A square wave has an average power closer to the peak power

People are going to disagree, but it has been tested many times.

People who just heard from the internet that the clipping kills will disagree with you.

People who have any knowledge how to calculate average power will definitely agree with you.

(The only problem is that a amp can double it's average power if you turn up the gain too much or boost settings improperly)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I agree with leaving setting flat and only adjusting down on the EQ...but when it comes to subwoofer level its been shown most headunits do not put out their rated RCA voltage until the subwoofer level is increased, and when DD1 they are still clean.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived